Manager of Strategic Sourcing & Purchasing
Manager of Strategic Sourcing & PurchasingSTS Technincal Services
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring a Manager of Strategic Sourcing & Purchasing in Ridgeland, South Carolina.
TICO is a worldwide designer, manufacturer, and marketer of Terminal Tractors with more than 5000 vehicles in operation around the world. We are uniquely positioned as the only terminal tractor manufacturer that actually operates its own equipment. We operate the largest terminal tractor fleet in North America. We understand what it takes for terminal tractors to perform in the toughest of conditions, day after day.
The Manager – Strategic Sourcing and Purchasing will oversee and direct the activities of the purchasing department and the Buyers/Planners, and manage the overall success of TICO Manufacturing’s inbound supply chain supporting manufacturing operations with respect to total value through cost, quality, and delivery.
- Hires and manages the Buyer/Planners, and other staff as needed.
- Oversees the daily workflow and schedules of the department.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Creates a sound business plan for the sourcing requirements of the business
- Collaborates with other departments and leadership to identify and develop needs and requirements for equipment, materials, products, and acceptable substitutions.
- Assesses current material availability; reasonably predicts future availability based on the market, delivery systems, and other variables.
- Aggressively drives initiatives:
- Material cost reductions
- Supplier terms and conditions to maximize TICO value, especially supplier warranties
- Strives for advantageous transfer of risk wherever possible
- Prepares and presents market conditions and material cost reports.
- Manages the preparation and processing purchase orders and requisitions for materials, supplies, and equipment using the TICO MRP system.
- Drafts, explains, and implements instructions, policies, and procedures for purchasing and contract management.
- Evaluates and approves conditions for issuing and awarding bids.
- Resolves grievances with vendors, contractors, and suppliers.
- Maintains and/or implements purchasing and recordkeeping systems.
- Acts as the company’s representative in negotiations with suppliers.
- Coordinates removal or disposal of surplus materials.
- Administers the departmental budget.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven negotiation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills with the ability to effectively train others.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Thorough understanding of materials and supplies used in the company.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software as well as MRP systems.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- At least three years of experience in related field required.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access all areas of the facility to determine needs.
- May require travel.
- SAFETY: Follow TICO General Health & Safety Rules, ensure safe operating conditions within area of responsibility, and notify coworkers and supervisors of hazardous acts and conditions. Proper use of PPE; use only defect-free equipment. Promote safety in department. Use proper lifting techniques and overhead hoist when needed. Maintain clean and safe working environment in line with 5-S Philosophy. Participate in hazardous communication training and safety meetings.
- QUALITY: Responsible for the quality of work. This requires defect-free work and understanding of the requirements of the company’s quality system as it pertains to job duties and responsibilities. Must be able to check work to ensure conformance to process control instructions, specifications, and quality standards. Identify and segregate non-conforming product. Identify the need for and assist in initiating and implementing corrective and preventive actions when appropriate.
- FLEXIBILITY: Able and willing to work in other areas as needed. Must be flexible in taking lunch and breaks when workflow requires. Willing to work additional hours as necessary.
- INITIATIVE: Actively participate in continuous improvement of products and processes to better serve customers and improve the overall profitability of TICO. Actively seek out work in other areas when current assignment is complete. Make suggestions for improving product safety, quality, deliver, cost, processes and company profitability.
- TEAMWORK: Positive working attitude toward other employees; be a team player. Work with others constructively and abide by company policies and procedures. Working together as a team for continuous improvement is vital to ensure the future of TICO and its employees. Teamwork will be required to be effective in daily production assignments as well as special improvement projects.
- CAREER DEVELOPMENT: Attend and participate in a variety of meetings, training programs, and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems, and maintain specific level of knowledge pertaining to changes to equipment or process, new developments, requirements, procedures, and policies.
- LEADERSHIP: Lead the team, provide innovative thought leadership on strategies to grow market share, increase profitability, and meet long-term business goals.
- ACTION-ORIENTED: Enjoy working hard; is action-oriented and energetic; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seize more opportunities than others.
- CONFLICT MANAGEMENT: Step up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities; read situations quickly; good at focused listening; can hammer out tough agreements and settle disputes equitably; can find common ground and get cooperation.
- DEALING WITH AMBIGUITY: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- DRIVE FOR RESULTS: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
About STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.