STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is Hiring Manufacturing Engineers in Santa Cruz, California!
Note: Our staffing services come at no cost to you, the candidate. This is job seeking made simple! For more details, please contact our recruiters at 1-800-359-4787.
Responsible for providing engineering support to the production floor, improving efficiency, developing processes and resolving problems encountered during NPI and during the production process. This position reports to the Director/VP.
- Develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing methods and processes
- Confer with management and planning staff on issues concerning tooling, equipment, fixturing and programming requirements and implementation
- Confer with suppliers (and/or internal Component Engineer) on the selection of materials, equipment and services to meet production requirements
- Research materials and equipment for improving processes, reducing costs and tool design. Define and document process flows, production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions
- Confer with management and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes
- Responsible for overall Product Integrity. Lead Product Team (Program Manager, Process Engineer, Test Engineer and Quality Engineer) from a technical perspective
- Maintain all product documentation, both internal and external
- Apply statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing (production assembly and test) requirements and potential
- Confer with customers as required, on technical issues related to the testing or assembly of their products
- Support Customer Product Change/Improvement Efforts
- Provide technical support of the Quotation Process; confer with internal Component Engineer and/or potential and current customers in resolving technical issues and questions
- Provide technical support to Production Assembly and Test processes
- Develop and fabricate or purchase tooling, equipment, fixturing and programming/software to meet Production Assembly and Test requirements
- Other duties may be assigned
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Must be able to successfully complete all training required for the position and pass the associated exams with the required score. Must be able to successfully complete annual training required of all employees to include (but not limited to) Safety, ESD, 5-S, Lean Manufacturing, material handling and component ID
- Must be able to accurately and completely record metrics/status as defined for the department
- Must be able to accurately and completely document time records and labor time. No/minimal missed swipes and/or errors
Education and/or Experience:
- Manufacturing Engineer II: Bachelor’s degree (BSEE, BSET, BSME, etc.) from four-year university; plus a minimum of 2 years related experience in electronics manufacturing; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have a thorough working knowledge of modern electronic manufacturing processes and testing of electronic assemblies, demonstrated skills with a variety of tools and machinery used to fabricate tooling and fixturing and current computer skills
- Manufacturing Engineer III: Bachelor’s degree (BSEE, BSET, BSME, etc.) from four-year university; plus a minimum of 5 years related experience in electronics manufacturing; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have a thorough working knowledge of modern electronic manufacturing processes and testing of electronic assemblies, demonstrated skills with a variety of tools and machinery used to fabricate tooling and fixturing and current computer skills
- Exceptional computer skills, particularly CAD/CAM software, UNIX, and Windows NT. Experience with SMT software, oven profiling, solder wave profiling and other electronic manufacturing/testing software desirable (eg, AOI, Flying Probe, etc.) General business software to include MS Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook and MRP/ERP systems. Ability to generate accurate/appropriate formulas in Excel spreadsheets. Ability to process and analyze data from Electronic Manufacturing Equipment operations
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, suppliers, customers, and the general public
- Must be able to read, write, speak and communicate effectively in English
- Dress, manner, language and attitude must be appropriate to a staff position. Support of company policies and procedures at all times. Cleanliness (5S) and organization appropriate to a lean manufacturing environment. 45-50+ hours per week may be required on an on-going basis to perform effectively in this position
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis. Understanding of statistics and statistical analysis
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Apply process and procedure standardization and documentation. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.