Manufacturing Project Engineers
Manufacturing Project EngineersSTS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Manufacturing Project Engineers in Appleton, Wisconsin.
In this role you will be a Manufacturing Project Engineer role within the Fire & Emergency (F&E) segment’s cost reduction team. This position will engage in activities that support the evaluation and implementation of various savings ideas for products produced by the F&E business unit. A good understanding of the process of design, change implementation and evaluation of costs are desired.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop engineering design(s) optimized for manufacturing process efficiency and effectiveness, focused on minimizing the number of parts in a product design in an effort to reduce cost, eliminate waste, and minimize opportunities for defects.
- Supervise engineering drawing, layout and schematic preparation as well as create the Bill of Materials.
- Supervise application of dimensions and tolerances to ensure proper assembly fit.
- Conforms to drafting standards and department policies.
- Prepare Engineering change notices.
- Consult and coordinate with suppliers.
- Supervise other and work independently, organizing projects within the design group.
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years related experience.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing principles such as value streams, 5s’s, 7 general types of waste and project planning preferred.
- Familiarity with existing manufacturing equipment and processes.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 262-439-7507.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply via Email
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com