STS Technical Services
Now Hiring Mechanical Assemblers!
STS Technical Services now offers Mechanical Assembler jobs in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
We offer the best assembly jobs in Milwaukee, Wisconsin; positions that will reward your skills with competitive compensation and benefits. To learn more, check out the following information:
- 15 Total Openings
- 1st and 2nd shift opportunities available
- 1st shift starts between 6-7AM/ 2nd shift starts between 2-3PM
- 6 week training period on 1st shift
- Work schedule rotates from (4) 10 hour days the 1st week and (5) 8 Hour days the 2nd week
- 3 day weekend, every other weekend
- Overtime is available
- This position is a UNION role
- Candidates will join the UNION after 90 Days
- Full Benefits are offered the 1st of every new month
- Vacation is paid after 1 year of employment; Keep in mind the 3 day weekends!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assembly and/or wiring of electrical cabinets, including building of production sub-assemblies, using detailed work instructions and standard and specialized hand tools
- Read, understand and work to product documentation (blue prints, detailed drawings, procedures, etc.)
- Correctly generate detailed assembly records documenting actions taken
- Interface with quality representatives, manufacturing engineers, and/or customer representatives to ensure the highest possible quality on product manufactured in the time allotted and/or required
- With guidance and oversight (from higher level Assembler) assemble, wire, and/or case pre-production products
- Visually inspect work previously performed by others
- Perform necessary changes, modifications, and/or repairs as directed
- Maintain good housekeeping and safe work environment
- Access and use of electronic data mechanisms such as digital paper and electronic mail
- Train and/or assist other employees as required
- Demonstrated strong decision-making and leadership skills
- Ability to coordinate several activities at the same time, and to reprioritize in response to changing operational conditions
- Team Oriented, strong listening and written skills required
- Strong ability to read & comprehend complex assembly drawings, wire lists, & written process instructions required
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work independently and also contribute as a team member
- Basic knowledge and ability to use hand tools
- Able to follow written and oral instructions
- U.S. Citizenship required and meet security standards as imposed by DoD, including the issuance of any necessary security clearance by the US government within a reasonable time after commencement of employment
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds frequently
- Ability to stand for up to 9 hours a day
- Walking, lifting, bending, stooping and kneeling
STS Technical Services is the leading provider of technical, professional, and industrial workforce solutions for the commercial, industrial, and defense markets. From mining to manufacturing, defense to transportation, engineering to maintenance, our services encompass the total life-cycle of a product; strategically designed to keep our clients engineering, manufacturing, operating and maintaining. For nearly 40 years we have provided contract and direct positions with the finest companies in America, with opportunities in your local region, nationwide, and around the world.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.
If you have questions, please contact an STS Recruiter at 1-800-359-4787. Otherwise, all interested applicants are encouraged to apply directly on this page. Thanks, and best of luck!