STS Technical Services
Now Hiring Mechanical Assemblers!
STS Technical Services now offers Mechanical Assembler jobs in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
We offer the best assembly jobs in Milwaukee, Wisconsin; positions that will reward your skills with competitive compensation and benefits. To learn more, check out the following information:
- 15 Total Openings
- 1st and 2nd shift opportunities available
- 1st shift starts between 6-7AM/ 2nd shift starts between 2-3PM
- 6 week training period on 1st shift
- Work schedule rotates from (4) 10 hour days the 1st week and (5) 8 Hour days the 2nd week
- 3 day weekend, every other weekend
- Overtime is available
- This position is a UNION role
- Candidates will join the UNION after 90 Days
- Full Benefits are offered the 1st of every new month
- Vacation is paid after 1 year of employment; Keep in mind the 3 day weekends!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assembly and/or wiring of electrical cabinets, including building of production sub-assemblies, using detailed work instructions and standard and specialized hand tools
- Read, understand and work to product documentation (blue prints, detailed drawings, procedures, etc.)
- Correctly generate detailed assembly records documenting actions taken
- Interface with quality representatives, manufacturing engineers, and/or customer representatives to ensure the highest possible quality on product manufactured in the time allotted and/or required
- With guidance and oversight (from higher level Assembler) assemble, wire, and/or case pre-production products
- Visually inspect work previously performed by others
- Perform necessary changes, modifications, and/or repairs as directed
- Maintain good housekeeping and safe work environment
- Access and use of electronic data mechanisms such as digital paper and electronic mail
- Train and/or assist other employees as required
- Demonstrated strong decision-making and leadership skills
- Ability to coordinate several activities at the same time, and to reprioritize in response to changing operational conditions
- Team Oriented, strong listening and written skills required
- Strong ability to read & comprehend complex assembly drawings, wire lists, & written process instructions required
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work independently and also contribute as a team member
- Basic knowledge and ability to use hand tools
- Able to follow written and oral instructions
- U.S. Citizenship required and meet security standards as imposed by DoD, including the issuance of any necessary security clearance by the US government within a reasonable time after commencement of employment
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds frequently
- Ability to stand for up to 9 hours a day
- Walking, lifting, bending, stooping and kneeling
Since this is a direct hire job, our client will provide a full benefits package to you. If you would like to learn more about that package, please call 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.