STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is Hiring Mechanical Engineers in Littleton, Colorado!
This position is located in Littleton, Colorado and supports the Air Force Hypersonic Conventional Strike Weapon (HCSW) Program.
**Level 1 thru Level 4 positions available**
- This Mechanical Engineer Staff Position supports the Weapon System Booster Integration Team and Manager by performing requirements tasks such as creation of the WS Specification, Requirements analysis, allocation and decomposition, generation of specification trees, Level 1 and Level 2 requirements specification generation, verification planning and support to the program major reviews and associated deliverables
- Specific area of focus for this position is development, qualification, and deployment of the Booster Propulsion System
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline or equivalent experience/combined education, with 9 years of professional experience; or 7 years of professional experience with a related Master’s Degree
- Considered an Emerging Authority in Propulsion Engineering
- Knowledge of Mechanical and Propulsion Engineering Principals
- Knowledge of Requirements development and management
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and teamwork with internal customers
- Excellent organizational and verbal/written communication skills
- Proficiency with standard documentation and presentation tools
- Experience with Mechanical and Propulsion Engineering associated with missile systems
- Clearance required prior to start – Interim Secret Final clearance Required – Secret
- Conceptual design and refinement for flight vehicle design
- Coordination of requirements and interface implementation with suppliers and internal customers
- Management of supplier design and analysis review
- Review 3D-CAD model compatibility with the booster and associated technical data, review of external analyses such as trajectory performance, structural analyses, dynamic analyses, thermal analyses, etc. in compliance with requirements and interfaces
- Interface Definition for Solid Boost Motor to Structures, Ordnance, Controls and Avionics Subsystems
- Updates to flight vehicle design based on results of above analyses
- Input to preliminary design report and resolution of technical issues
- Attendance at and technical assessment of supplier conceptual design reviews, preliminary design reviews, and technical interchange meetings
- Technical review of monthly subcontractor status reports
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.