Mechanical Layout Designers
Mechanical Layout DesignersSTS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Mechanical Layout Designers in Appleton, Wisconsin.
The Layout Designer will support engineers with drawing layouts by utilizing computer-aided drafting software. This role will also be responsible for creating new and modified components and Bill of Materials (BOM) in accordance to the Oshkosh standards.
Why Should You Apply?
Best in class benefits package including:
- Medical Coverage on 1st day of employment
- Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account & Flexible Spending Account
- 401k Match .50 on every dollar up to 6%
- Wellness Program
- 27 days of vacation within 1st year
- Education Reimbursement options
- Nationally recognized most ethical company in 2019 & 2020
In addition, our client offers excellent growth opportunities and room for advancement.
These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
- Update current drawings per markups based on direction from engineering; re-master CAD drawings to current format.
- Use computer-aided drafting systems to create 3D and 2D layouts, following the direction of design team members.
- Self-check own work to ensure accuracy and organization, dimension and tolerance convention, and conformance with established CAD specifications and standards.
- Utilize ERP systems to create part numbers following the proper naming process and data entry requirements.
- Associate degree in Mechanical Design or equivalent* with two (2) years of experience in drafting/design in heavy truck/automotive/or large mechanical equipment design.
- Associate degree or equivalent* with three (3) years of experience in drafting/design.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to a fast pace environment.
- Detail oriented.
- Capable of using standard Windows Office tools including SharePoint, email, and CAD tools.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Physical Demands: Frequent Sitting, Visual, Typing, Fine Dexterity, Manual Dexterity, Upper Extremity Repetitive Motion; Occasional Hearing, Talking; Seldom Standing, Walking/Running, Bending/Kneeling, Hearing.
*Note: equivalent equates approximately four (4) years of on the job experience to one (1) year of formal education. External hires are not eligible for equivalency in place of required education.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 517-242-6982.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply via Email
To apply for this job email your details to Erin.Gabrielson@ststechnicaljobs.com