Flight Test Crew Chiefs
Flight Test Crew ChiefsSTS
- Specialty Summary: Maintains aircraft, support equipment (SE), and forms and records. Performs production supervisor, flight chief, expediter, crew chief, support, aero repair, and maintenance functions.
- Advises on problems maintaining, servicing, and inspecting aircraft and aerospace SE. Uses technical data to diagnose and solve maintenance problems on aircraft systems. Interprets and advises on maintenance procedures and policies to repair aircraft and SE.
- Troubleshoots and maintains aircraft structures, systems, components, and SE. Tests repaired components using mockups and test equipment. Adjusts, aligns, rigs, and calibrates aircraft systems. Performs engine run-up. Accomplishes weight and balance functions. Jacks, tows, and services aircraft.
- Inspects aircraft structures, systems, components, and SE. Supervises and performs aircraft and component inspections. Interprets inspection findings and determines adequacy of corrective actions. Inspects and checks components for clearances, tolerances, proper installation, and operation. Inspects and operates powered and nonpowered aerospace ground equipment. Inspects and identifies aircraft corrosion for prevention and correction. Reviews maintenance forms, aircraft records, and reports to ensure complete documentation. Inventories and maintains alternate mission equipment.
- Performs supervisor, flight chief, expediter, crew chief, aero repair, support, and maintenance functions. Coordinates maintenance plans to meet operational commitments. Supervises and assists in launching and recovering aircraft. Reviews maintenance data collection summaries to determine trends and production effectiveness.
- Participate in drafting program requirements and objectives.
- Participate in aircraft and aircraft system design.
- Lead aircraft maintenance, instrumentation, and project test and evaluation activities.
- Oversee the test planning process.
- Coordinate test and evaluation events.
- Determine the readiness of flight test aircraft.
- Conduct ground and flight test of experimental certificated aircraft.
- Analyze test data and report on results.
- Evaluate compliance with federal regulations, design requirements and objectives.
- Communicate test results to project personnel, corporate officers, contractor, and FAA.
- Recommend changes to aircraft and aircraft systems to meet regulatory requirements, design requirements, design objectives, customer needs and safety.
- Aircraft Maintenance Mechanics, Aircraft Electrical and Avionics Technicians
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Service: Responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service, responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Analytical: Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data.
- Technical Skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses, pursues training and development opportunities, strives to continuously build knowledge and skills, shares expertise with others.
- Change Management: Adaptive to change; develops workable implementation plans; communicates changes effectively; monitors transition and evaluates results
- Interpersonal Skills: Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; follows through on commitments.
- Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Positive Attitude: Supports company directives as they pertain to team effort; able to give and receive candid and helpful feedback; willing to cooperative, consider, and work with others in the department and across the organization; enthusiastic.
- Planning/Organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedule other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
- Responsibility & Accountability: Assumes ownership and suggests appropriate recommendations to achieve company goals. Committed to ensuring planes are designed and produced safely; immediately report any errors or mistakes to appropriate personnel.
- Dependability/Initiative: Follows instructions, offers ideas, and follows through on commitments; volunteers readily and offers to help and assist when work is complete.
- Safety & Security: Observes safety and security procedures.
- Attendance/Overtime: Punctual; observes appropriate break and meal periods; properly notifies Supervisor within designated time frame in case of absence. Overtime hours may be required.
- Written communication: Writes clearly and informatively, edits work for spelling and grammar.
- A&P or equivalent experience
Certificates or Licensees:
- Inspection Authorization (IA) required
- Airframe & Powerplant License required
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Overtime hours may be required.
Since this is a direct hire job, Cirrus Aircraft will provide a full benefits package to you. If you would like to learn more about that package, please call 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.