STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Tooling Engineers in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
he Tooling Engineer – Lead (Pb) Division will complete engineering projects that will improve and optimize production, reduce downtime, give the highest quality parts for our customers, and improve our capability to serve our customers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Must embrace and follow the Core Beliefs and Values.
- Safety is our overriding priority.
- If an unsafe condition is found to exist, actions must be taken immediately to correct the situation to keep all team members safe and get manufacturing equipment operational as soon as possible.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of manufacturing methods ensuring the highest quality, lowest cost, lowest scrap, and optimum capacity.
- Responsible for tooling engineering support for the all product lines.
- Coordinates quotation, purchasing, and installation of new equipment and processes and utilities supply and connections.
- Provide guidance regarding design/manufacturing concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques to include standard work.
- Quotes, purchases, and inspects new tooling required for ongoing efficiency operation of process and implementation of new processes.
- Determines and reviews all tooling processes for cost effectiveness and feasibility, both before and after engineering releases to manufacturing.
- Assists with engineering releases and changes relative to routings, settings standards, data entry, and follow-up.
- Participates in design reviews and responsible for improving the design for manufacturability early in the design phase of new product development.
- Responsible for leading and completing APQP tasks and tracking for new product and engineering change projects.
- Conduct a continuous search of new tooling materials, coatings, processes, and procedures to enhance and improve the production lines to help the operation to reduce overall costs.
- Lead and assist training of production employees in best practices of setting up equipment and tooling, maintaining processes, and troubleshooting problems.
- Attend all Management meetings and training sessions, safety committee meetings, and all employee meetings as required by upper management.
- Follow all ISO 9000 requirements including creating and maintaining ISO documents.
- Other responsibilities as assigned to meet the needs of the business.
- B.S. in Engineering or equivalent combination of relevant education and work that will allow successful performance of job expectations.
- Minimum of 3 years of tooling engineering experience or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years of 3D cad software experience.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Skills Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong attention to detail, good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize with changing situations.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to drive tasks to completion.
- Able to handle multiple priorities and work well under pressure.
- Ability to communicate accurately and comfortably with all levels of management.
- Must be able to efficiently and accurately create and modify engineering drawings.
- Motivated self-starter that is able to productively work alone and in groups to solve problems.
- Proficient in English (ready, writing & verbal skills).
- Direct Reports None Benefits Full-time employees a fantastic comprehensive benefits package.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.