Paint PreppersSTS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Paint Preppers in Greencastle, Pennsylvania.
- Weekend Shift Core Hours: 5am to 5pm – Friday through Sunday
In addition to our competitive pay offerings, some of the many reasons to consider a career with JLG:
- $1500 Sign-on Bonus
- Attractive 3/12 weekly work schedule.
- Weekend Shift Premium – Work 36 hours and get paid for 40
- Annual performance bonus with a 5% goal.
- Tuition reimbursement toward degree programs of up to $10k annually.
- Medical insurance with Rx coverage and Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401K program with generous employer match
- Paid Time Off (vacation) program that offers 80 hours in first full year of employment.
- 11 paid Holidays each year
- Company-funded Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability
- Supplemental Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Company paid safety footwear and safety prescription eyewear programs
The Paint Prep I is responsible for wiping, sanding, and inspecting all parts to be painted as well as plugging and masking all parts. Other required tasks include blowing water, shot blow of area, and operation of overhead hoist to hang parts.
These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
- Wipe, sand, inspect all parts, up to and, including preparation of painted parts for paint repair.
- Plug and mask all parts and blow any and all excess water and shot from cavities within the parts to allow for proper paint adhesion and needs to be familiar with the operation of the overhead hoist for hanging parts.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment in compliance with safety procedures, rules, and proper 6S standards. Demonstrate best practices to follow all safe procedures in assembling and testing of all models/products in assigned function.
- Inspect completed parts for quality, validate components meet production and quality standards.
- Assist in driving back defects to the point of origin along with facilitation of corrective actions.
- Maintain inventory levels by identifying, labeling, stocking and recording materials and supplies where applicable.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Forklift certification.
- Tugger certification.
- Tractor certification.
- Driver’s license.
- Internal Contacts: Contact with employees or others primarily at a routine level involving basic information exchange.
- External Contacts: Limited external contact to: gather information, answer queries, or ask assistance.
- Communication Skills: Read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Read and interpret safety rules, operating/maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Decision-Making: Requires minimal decision-making responsibility.
- Complexity, Judgment and Problem Solving: Work of a relatively routine nature. Requires the ability to understand the follow instructions. Structured work, following a limited variety of standard practices. Generally structured work, but involving a choice of action within limits of standard policy and procedures.
- Physical Demands: Frequent: Standing, Walking/Running, Sitting, Driving, Hearing, Talking, Visual, Typing, Manual Dexterity. Occasional: Reaching, Climbing, Bending/Kneeling, Typing, Fine Dexterity. Seldom: Lifting/Carrying 35 lbs., Pushing/Pulling 35 lbs.
- Non-Physical Demands: Frequent: Analysis/Reasoning, Communication/Interpretation, Reading. Occasional: Writing. Seldom: Math/Mental Computation.
- Environmental Demands: Frequent: Work Alone, Dust, Temperature Extremes, Loud Noises, Physical Danger, Toxic Substances (i.e. solvents, pesticides, etc.). Occasional: Frequent Task Changes, Tedious/Exacting Work. Seldom: High Volume Public Contact.
- Work Schedule: Routine shift hours. Infrequent overtime, weekend, or shift rotation.
- Demands/Deadlines: Occasional stress due to deadlines or workload because of intermittent or cyclical work pressures, or occasional exposure to distressed individuals within the immediate work environment.
Critical Physical / Safety Requirements:
- Safety glasses and safety shoes required at all times. Respirator required when painting and during some paint prep activities. Ability to lift up to 35 pounds repetitively
- On-the-job training.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply via Email
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org