STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is Hiring Process Engineers in Dalton, Georgia!
Responsible for providing support and assistance to the manufacturing operations in developing and implementation of production/processing methods and control to meet quality and cost efficiency standards. Incumbent will work on projects of moderate to high complexity for manufacturing operations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops, assess and implements techniques and equipment of moderate to high complexity used in continuous production process to maximize the efficiency of the operations
- As assigned works directly with manufacturing management staff to assess business needs and determine appropriate course of action in areas of manufacturing technology requirements and/or modifications, product and process quality standards and cost control applications
- Troubleshoots problems with production staff and suggests/implement correction with limited supervision of more senior engineering staff
- Document and maintain quality
- Assist in building PM lists
- Work with Automation Engineers in defining key process parameters
- Build standard operating procedures
- Identifies, defines and measures improvement opportunities for assigned projects of moderate to high complexity
- Implements and documents potential process improvements for assigned projects
- Prepares test reports, system documents and and/or closing reports for assigned engineering projects of moderate to high complexity
- Manage daily, weekly and monthly maintenance and other reporting systems output as assigned
- Assists in cross-functional projects or meetings as required under the general direction of Senior Process Engineer
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering – Process or Industrial
- Knowledge or experience with Six Sigma and Lean required
- Min. of 5 years’ experience as a process engineer; leading projects in a continuous manufacturing environment
- Experience with extrusion, calendering and lamination(luxury vinyl manufacturing processes) preferred
- Strong mechanical background and good understanding of automation / electrical systems required
- Excellent communication skills, oral, written, presentation and interpersonal
- Critical thinking, strong time management, complex problem solving and information processing abilities
- Self-starter, technical aptitude, strong mathematical, analytical skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of system software , PC proficiency- Access, Excel, Word and MS Project and other databases
- Demonstrated ability to design, develop and maintain Industrial Engineering databases of moderate complexity
Since this is a direct hire job, our client will provide a full benefits package to you. If you would like to learn more about that package, please call 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.