STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services now has Production Supervisors jobs in Lewiston, Michigan.
This position is responsible for supervising the production and manufacture of tungsten carbide products in the Preform (machining) Department. Employee safety and morale, productivity efficiencies, meeting and/or exceeding customer quality expectations, utilizing and advancing technologies available, improving processes, and cost reductions are all also a part of the responsibilities of this position.
- Meet and/or exceed defined metrics outlined in our Annual Business Plan with priority on delivery performance and reduced lead times for all product groups
- Motivate employees in a manner that effectively promotes positive morale, treat employees with respect, fee fair and consistent, and communicate clearly the objectives of the department and the objectives of the company
- Coordinate employee training activities to maintain safety and product quality while maximizing productivity
- Participate daily in plant wide flow management/product scheduling meetings, reviewing challenges related to equipment, resources, products and processes
- Conduct periodic employee team meetings to solicit ideas, opinions and solutions to improve departmental processes
Knowledge & Skills:
- Flow management, productscheduling, lean manufacturing techniques, robotics, advancedtechnologies a plus
- Learned Leadershiptechniques in ateam environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multitask
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in a related manufacturing field preferred
- 3-5 years minimumof leading/supervising employees in a manufacturing environment
- Previous knowledge/experience in CNC machining processes
- Strong knowledge of process, mechanical, and equipment operations
Since this is a direct hire job, our client will provide a full benefits package to you. If you would like to learn more about that package, please call 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.