Quality Control Inspectors
Quality Control InspectorsSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is Hiring Quality Control Inspectors in South Milwaukee, Wisconsin!
Quality control inspectors examine products and materials for defects or deviations from specifications.
- Read blueprints and specifications
- Monitor operations to ensure that they meet production standards
- Recommend adjustments to the assembly or production process
- Inspect, test, or measure materials or products being produced
- Measure products with rulers, calipers, gauges, or micrometers
- Accept or reject finished items
- Remove all products and materials that fail to meet specifications
- Discuss inspection results with those responsible for products
- Report inspection and test data Quality control workers rely on a number of tools to do their jobs
- Although some still use hand-held measurement devices, such as calipers and alignment gauges, workers more commonly operate electronic inspection equipment, such as coordinate-measuring machines (CMM) Quality control workers record the results of their inspections through test reports
- When they find defects, inspectors notify supervisors and help to analyze and correct production problem
- The following are examples of types of quality control inspectors: Inspectors mark, tag, or note problems. They may reject defective items outright, send them for repair, or fix minor problems themselves. If the product is acceptable, the inspector certifies it
- Two years of experience in manufacturing
- Experience in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to tell colors apart
- Ability to read blueprints, technical documents, drawings and diagrams
- Excellent communication skills with everyone involved in the process (managers, operators and leads)
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Dexterity (must be able to stand, bend, reach and quickly remove products during manufacturing)
- Basic Math skills
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.