Senior Aircraft Sheet Metal Mechanic
Senior Aircraft Sheet Metal MechanicSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is offering Senior Aircraft Sheet Metal Mechanic jobs in Savannah, Georgia.
- The Senior Aircraft Sheet Metal Mechanic works under minimal supervision to safely lay-out, fabricate and install parts equipment and fabricated items on aircraft following established operating procedures.
- All work performed should be in accordance with company design specifications, quality standards and completed work should meet customer expectations.
- Mentor and train other Sheet Metal Technicians.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Use complicated schematics/blueprints, engineering drawings and technical instructions to safely perform sheetmetal layout, fabrication, and installation of parts, equipment or fabricated items on aircraft. Coordinate with supervision and Inspection to ensure compliance with internal and FAA paperwork, sign-offs and quality specifications
- Mentor and train Sheetmetal Technicians, as required. Review their work prior to sign off to ensure work complies with quality control standards
- Oversee projects or other technicians and assesses requirements of assigned tasks to procure required materials and documentation for assigned tasks
- Use blueprints to cut and form plastics and follow standard operating procedures when using adhesives, sealants and solvents
- Utilizing tools as required to shape and form complex angles and configurations according to blueprint specifications or written/verbal information
- Safely operate shop equipment such as: brakes, presses, riveting equipment, shears, and hand tools associated with sheetmetal functions. Use the proper hardware for various sheetmetal applications
- Comply with all safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies. Uses personal protective equipment as required. Ensures aircraft is protected (PTP)
- Conduct monthly 5S audits, as required
- Use the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work
- Assist in developing initiatives to meet individual OGSM requirements, as required.
- G550 experience preferred Heavy Modification experience required
- Advanced blueprint reading required
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Four (4) years of sheetmetal and/or fabrication experience
- Valid Driver’s License required
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.