Senior Aircraft Sheet Metal Mechanics
Senior Aircraft Sheet Metal MechanicsSTS Technincal Services
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Senior Aircraft Sheet Metal Mechanics in Brunswick, Georgia.
The Senior Aircraft Sheet Metal Technician works under minimal supervision to safely lay-out, fabricate and install parts equipment and fabricated items on aircraft following established operating procedures. All work performed should be in accordance with company design specifications, quality standards and completed work should meet customer expectations. Mentor and train other Sheet Metal Technicians.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Use complicated schematics/blueprints, engineering drawings and technical instructions to safely perform sheet metal layout, fabrication, and installation of parts, equipment or fabricated items on aircraft
- Coordinate with supervision and Inspection to ensure compliance with internal and FAA paperwork, sign-offs and quality specifications
- Mentor and train Sheet Metal Technicians, as required
- Review their work prior to sign off to ensure work complies with quality control standards
- Oversee projects or other technicians and assesses requirements of assigned tasks to procure required materials and documentation for assigned tasks
- Use blueprints to cut and form plastics and follow standard operating procedures when using adhesives, sealants and solvents
- Utilizing tools as required to shape and form complex angles and configurations according to blueprint specifications or written/verbal information
- Safely operate shop equipment such as: brakes, presses, riveting equipment, shears, and hand tools associated with sheetmetal functions. Use the proper hardware for various sheet metal applications
- Comply with all safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies. Uses personal protective equipment as required. Ensures aircraft is protected (PTP)
- Conduct monthly 5S audits, as required
- Use the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work
- Assist in developing initiatives to meet individual OGSM requirements, as required
- Work closely with lead to develop and implement process improvements that increase safety, reduce cost, cycle time, and man hours
- Participate in continuous improvement activities (e.g. YIAW, Kaizen events, etc.)
- Coordinate with other disciplines concerning projects
- Perform Lead responsibilities, as required
- Perform other duties as required
- High School Diploma/GED
- Four (4) years of sheet metal and/or fabrication experience
- Experience in aerospace industry preferred
- Advanced knowledge of sheet metal or fabrication processes (forming, drilling, stamping, shaping, bending, punching, cutting, riveting, filing and dimpling)
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation
- Valid driver’s license required to operate towing and other transportation equipment
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand proficiently the English language
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Adapts to sudden schedule changes
- Able to use tools and equipment associated with sheet metal work
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift
- Must have a good working knowledge of computers and experience working with MicroSoft Office suite
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply via Email
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com