Senior Industrial Engineers
Senior Industrial EngineersSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring a Senior Industrial Engineers in Dodge Center, Minnesota!
Work for our premier client who is a leader in their industry. This is a great opportunity to grow with for a Fortune 500, multi-billion dollar company who has won numerous awards including: Forbes 2017 America’s Best Large Employers. Glassdoor 2018 Best Places to Work, and 2018 World’s Most Ethical Companies
As a Senior Industrial Engineer, you will utilize your expertise to facilitate transformative change for our client across manufacturing footprint. In your role you will plan and deliver multiple industrialization projects, ensuring limited impact on production. You will be responsible for the daily production support, facility layout, implementation of new equipment and tooling, and staffing capacity planning.
- Manage a respective “Production Zone” with relation to providing industrial engineering support to achieve key performance goals.
- Research and formulate plans to accomplish major projects, including manpower estimates, cost estimates and implementation plans.
- Compare legacy product design to new product design to identify differences in components and labor content including reviewing bill of material (BOM) for accuracy in support of proposal work.
- Review and provide feasibility guidance around engineering change notices being considered for production implementation.
- Collaborate with design teams to identify and drive design changes that improve manufacturability of core product.
- Identify & lead process improvements in the areas of safety, quality, and productivity utilizing lean and six sigma principles and methodologies.
- Assist in regular line re-balancing to support changes in production goals and product changes.
- Participate in new product launch activities and proto/pilot work as needed.
- Develop and mentor assigned industrial engineers and technicians.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or in a related field.
- Five (5) or more years in industrial engineering and process design and/or improvement.
- Prior experience with leading small to medium sized cross-functional projects.
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; including a strong emphasis on Excel.
- Well experienced using AutoCAD, DrafSight, or similar drafting software to produce layout and process flows.]
- Strong written & verbal communications skills.
- Candidate must be able to work well independently or as a member of a larger team
- Experience with JDE
- Previous supervisory and/or manufacturing experience
- Experience with ProPlanner or related line balancing software packages
- Experience with automotive or heavy-duty equipment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Why Should I Apply?
Best in class benefits package including:
- Medical Coverage on 1st day of employment
- Fantastic opportunities for career advancement
- Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account & Flexible Spending Account
- 401k Match .50 on every dollar up to 6%
- Wellness Program
- 16 days of vacation within 1st year
- Education Reimbursement options
- Nationally recognized most ethical company in 2017
In addition, our client offers excellent growth opportunities and room for advancement.
Since this is a direct hire job, our client will provide a full benefits package to you. If you would like to learn more about that package, please call 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.