Senior Principal Electrical Engineers
Senior Principal Electrical EngineersSTS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Senior Principal Electrical Engineers in Cypress, California.
- Position Title: Senior Principal Electrical Engineer
- Location: Cypress, CA or remote
- Direct Hire
- US Citizenship require and should be able to obtain a Security Clearance
- Client URL: www.drs.com
Our client develops, manufactures, and supports infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborne platforms. They offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
In this role, you will be responsible for the design, development, modification, and analysis/circuit simulations of Readout Integrated Circuit (ROIC) for visible and infrared imaging Focal Plane Arrays (FPA).
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related technical field with a minimum of 10 years of experience in the area of digital design with Cadence virtuoso tools
- Experience in designing high speed differential CML I/O (1.6Gbps to 3.2Gbps) with SerDes architectures with 8b10b encoding
- Experience in designing PLL’s, SRAM, binary and grey code counters
- Experience in designing Digital control blocks for ADC’s
- Knowledge and thorough understanding of “Top Down” design methodology in combining foundry standard cells and 3rd Party IP blocks with custom analog ASIC blocks
- Experience in IC design working at cryogenic temperatures (80 Kelvin and lower)
- Fluency with VHDL, Verilog, and other hardware description languages
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Involved in specifications and architecture of the ROIC
- Provide guidance and direction to project IC designers
- Design and conduct behavioral modeling and transistor-level feasibility studies for various blocks in the ROIC and FPA
- Prepare material for and lead formal design reviews
- Drive mask design to implement layout view of designs
- Compile and evaluate block-level and top-level simulations to verify functionality and performance goals
- De?ne bench-level test plans
- Perform circuit characterization and validation in a lab environment
- Drive review of yield/lab test results to ?x bugs
- Provide full support throughout the product life cycle
- Provide budget, cost and schedule input for design assignments
- Specify and evaluate supplier components, subsystems and services
- Drive the program design to cost and design for manufacture requirements
- Participate in preparation of proposals
- Provide technical knowledge and assistance to other engineers and support personnel
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Other duties as assigned
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Design for visible and infrared imaging read out IC’s preferred
- Experience with Cypress, Skywater, Tower/Jazz, ON semiconductor foundries preferred
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a recruiting professional directly, please call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply via Email
To apply for this job email your details to Aubrey.Krueger@ststechnicaljobs.com