Senior Safety Coordinators
Senior Safety CoordinatorsSTS Technincal Services
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Senior Safety Coordinators in Kewaunee, Wisconsin.
Under the general direction of the Safety Manager, this position is accountable to manage, oversee, and carryout safety programs and policies relating to applicable local, state, and federal regulations at the plant level. The primary responsibilities of this position include planning, developing, implementing, and administering safety and health programs. Interfacing with other management and hourly personnel regarding safety issues is also imperative in this position in order to reduce accidents/incidents and maintain safety at Oshkosh Corporation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interface with safety teams and attend weekly team meets as a safety resource
- Dotted line accountability for health services and worker compensation claims management staff
- Investigate and report incidents and accidents regarding safety. Report on accident data utilizing a computer database to track trends and injury rates. Use this information to develop current and future loss control strategies and implement corrective actions to prevent similar incidents/injuries
- Assist in the development, implementation, and administration of safety training and accident prevention methods and carry them out according to company programs and policies
- Ensure enforcement of OSHA regulations and company safety policies and any disciplinary actions that may be necessary
- Administer the DOT compliance program for Oshkosh Corporation drivers
- Develop and attain personal goals based upon key areas of responsibility
- Develop positive relationships with local, state, and federal agencies and outside specialists/organizations to enhance the credibility of the company’s health and safety programs Complete job assessments including ergonomics and machine safety/guarding and required periodic inspections of PPE, lockout tagout procedures, AEDs, eyewashes, etc
- Execute timely coordination and communications in all areas internal and external to our business. Must periodically present safety information to senior and executive management.
- Participate or lead other special projects or assignments as assigned by supervisor
- Recommend plan for budgets and capital expenditures for safety-related issues in relating to the manufacturing process
- Maintain a safety atmosphere in order to promote safe work practices and a positive safety culture
- Use professional safety tools/knowledge such as ergonomics, management skills, industrial hygiene, presentation skills, etc. to convey and improve safety at Oshkosh Corporation
- Position will require handling of highly confidential safety and medical information
- Manage return-to-work program and assist with workers compensation claim activity. Potentially represent the company in litigation of safety/worker compensation issues
- Lead continuous improvement projects for safety and health services departments including ergonomics, lean activities, cost savings, etc
- Consults with all levels of management including manufacturing managers, plant managers, coordinators, etc., the Occupational Health Nurse, the Claims manager, Union representatives and employees, Engineering and outside services including local, state, and federal agencies
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety and Health or related field
- 3-plus years experience in the safety field in a Union-staffed manufacturing setting
- Ability to assertively and efficiently multitask and prioritize work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate safety information to all audiences
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, e-mail systems, and other advanced computer programs
- Must be able to work a semi-flexible schedule including possible hours on 2nd and 3rd shift on short notice, or staggered shift for extended periods of time
- Willing to travel up to 15% of the time
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply via Email
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org