Senior Software Engineers
Senior Software EngineersSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is Hiring Senior Software Engineers in Irvine, California!
Software development and verification of safety-critical real-time embedded software for commercial aircraft systems. Ideal candidate will have a strong, practical DO-178B verification background in safety-critical real-time embedded software for aircraft systems; will be technically proficient with low-level software (e.g. device drivers, board support packages, built-in test) and will be fully fluent in C and assembly; will have extensive experience writing software planning documents per certification authorities (e.g. customer DERs, FAA, EASA, TCCA) and compliance audits (e.g. SOI).
- Develops complex conceptual and detailed design specifications by analyzing product performance and customer requirements
- Performs diverse and complex product development, modification, and evaluation of safety-critical real-time embedded software by applying engineering principles and developing new or unique analysis tools as required
- Applies scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure the outcome and consequence of design alternatives
- Interprets and validates test results for accuracy and precision
- Oversees and monitors product acceptance procedures and parameters to achieve customer and product reliability and safety standards (e.g. failure analysis)
- Utilizes and interprets predictive models to simulate and verify design concepts
- Completes technical project elements (e.g. preparation of product or system layout; defining system architecture; creating software development plans; etc.) as assigned
- Develops critical data and analysis necessary to present technical product and/or system proposals to customers
- Contributes to the completion milestones associated with specific projects (e.g. create functional diagrams and system layouts; review detailed drawings and schematics; define data structure, interfaces and programming logic; analyze material requirements; research customer data item requirements)
- Maintain efforts within defined cost and schedule constraints, including statusing and root cause/corrective actions of associated variances
- May act as Control Account Manager for projects applying Earned Value Management
- Reviews product specifications and/or modifications to ensure clarity, completeness, form, fit, function, and conformity to standards and procedures
- Troubleshoots design errors, omissions, and other deficiencies, and recommends revisions, engineering change orders, and improvements to engineering management or the project team
- Provides technical information for review with product engineering teams applying consistent engineering practices, standards, and documentation methods (e.g. structured design process; customer design reviews)
- Writes supporting documentation for procedures and technical reports
- Conducts complex analysis and devises tests to validate performance in the development of new products, methods, materials or processes
- Completes required documentation, generates detailed reports, creates customer proposals and presentations and/or change proposals
- Determines required actions, performs or directs completion of tasks, and publishes findings and/or results
- Compiles and analyzes operation, test, and research data, develop acceptance, engineering evaluation, development and qualification/certification test plans, procedures, and reports
- May communicate with customers to identify new business opportunities, present product capabilities, and clarify customers’ technical requirements
- May write technical proposals for customers by reviewing and interpreting specifications and requirements
- Mentors or serves as a resource to share specialized knowledge with others
- Establishes goals and objectives and tracks performance required to complete projects
- Updates professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical publications, and/or participating in professional associations
Since this is a direct hire job, our client will provide a full benefits package to you. If you would like to learn more about that package, please call 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.