Senior Test Engineers
Senior Test EngineersSTS Technincal Services
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Senior Test Engineers in Brookfield, Wisconsin.
The Senior Test Engineer is responsible for the development and implementation of manufacturing test systems. The primary role is to work closely with Operations, New Product Development, Product Support, and Value Engineering teams to create automated testing solutions to enhance the quality and performance of our products through manufacturing.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design and develop automated systems for manufacturing testing of new product development.
- Execute the building, testing and programming of automated systems and fixtures.
- Create CAD models and drawings of system assemblies, components and products.
- Utilize LabVIEW, Visual Basic, and PLC ladder programming in system and fixture development.
- Experience with sensor/transducer selection and implementation to measure such elements as force, torque and velocity.
- Manage multiple projects to deliver new products to market on time.
- Introduce manufacturing test processes and drive appropriate corrective actions and cost reductions.
- Review and thoroughly understand product function and design specifications.
- Maintain technical competency and remain current in technology.
- Ability to understand electrical documentation and schematics.
- Travel to domestic and international sites for on-site testing support 10-20%.
- Investigate the latest technologies in automation, data acquisition, and testing to ensure operational excellence.
- Support and maintain all test systems thru end of life.
- Lead mechanical, electrical, and software design reviews for manufacturing test systems.
- Provide project updates to engineering leadership on status, risks, and priority.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar field.
- 10 years of experience in manufacturing test system development and automation.
- Experience in manufacturing test development, automation, data-acquisition, and fixture development.
- Experience in programming languages such as LabView, C++, C#, PLC’s.
- Knowledge of mechatronics incorporating hydraulics, pneumatics, and electrical components.
- Experience in mechanical design utilizing CAD, SolidWorks or NX-Unigraphics.
- Knowledge of test and measurement techniques, including sensor technology, signal conditioning, data acquisition and manufacturing test development.
- Experience in working with outsource vendors a plus.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
We Provide These Great Perks & Benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food and coffee service.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply via Email
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org