Senior Vehicle Regulations Engineers
Senior Vehicle Regulations EngineersSTS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Senior Vehicle Regulations Engineers in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
Responsible for engineering projects within a design and development program. This includes the supervision of teams of engineers and designers. The position will also direct high level engineering analysis and design of new and modified components and subsystems in accordance with engineering standards and project scope to ensure that designs meet customer requirements, corporate objectives, are safe, and can be manufactured.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the budgeting process to include recommending capital improvements and preparing justification data as required
- Research, study, and propose use of new technologies to be used in the development of new and improved products
- Maintain effective communication with suppliers, internal and external customers, and outside resources concerning technical issues
- Enforce the proper use of engineering criteria and drawing standards. Ensure that technical issues are conducted within the framework of company policies and procedures
- Evaluate designs for performance, safety, and reliability
- Direct preparation layouts, drawings, specifications, and bills of material
- Create and maintain project documentation for project planning, requirements analysis, risk management, issues, management, status reporting, project communication, and quality assurance
- Perform engineering analysis to support the selection of parts, components, and materials that meet requirements
- Conduct duties consistent with the Company’s mission statement, quality objectives, and defined policies and procedures
- Provide technical assistance for prototype, pilot, and production support
- Provide guidance to team members to ensure the appropriate engineering analysis is performed and documented
- Provide leadership to a technical staff to ensure program success. Assure designs meet customer requirements, statutory requirements, and corporate objectives
- Provide management/leadership to technical staff including resource planning, scheduling, and administration to ensure program success
- Prepare technical proposals, quotations, reports, and presentations
- Able to obtain a secret security clearance as required by job duties
- Bachelor’s Degree of Science in Engineering
- Eight or more years of related experience
- Experience with automotive regulatory requirements (FMVSS, FMCSR, etc.), compliance and testing
- Experience managing system level requirements and verification
- Experience with occupant safety and vehicle crash programs
- PMP certification
- Possess a strong mechanical knowledge of vehicles and related systems
- Strong verbal presentation and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply via Email
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org