STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Sensors Engineers in Columbus, Mississippi.
Note: Our staffing services come at no cost to you, the candidate. This is job seeking made simple! For more details, please contact our recruiters at 1-800-359-4787.
This position requires the direct application of Electro-Optics (EO/IR) and Inertial Navigation Systems (INS) engineering expertise requiring initiative, creativity and the ability to work in a team environment. The position provides technical leadership on design and development of new products, support of existing products and supports the preparation of technical proposals, and support for the sales team. In addition, position provides expert explanations, techniques or approaches to colleagues, management and customers where significant technical credibility is required. The position is both hands-on and technical where technical expertise is required both in production or interfacing with the customer to resolve issues, best product choice for application or supporting integration efforts. The ideal candidate should have experience with all facets of EO/IR and Inertial Navigation Systems trade analysis, design, optimization, integration, and testing. Direct experience with military imaging systems and applicable technology operating from visible light to the thermal-infrared is highly desirable
- Lead all systems engineering activities, including systems software engineering on assigned project
- Perform Requirements Engineering
- Analyze customer and stakeholder needs, and develop Concepts of Operation. Generate/develop, derive, allocate, and control requirements, including product cost targets
- Support Sales and Business Development by providing technical expertise
- Develop Systems Architecture/Systems Design/Performs Systems Analysis
- Identify baseline and alternate candidate design concepts and architectures
- Prepare trade study plans, and conduct and document trade studies, including cost trades
- Evaluate and optimize candidate design concepts and architectures
- Perform systems modeling, simulation, and performance analysis
- Prepare system/solution description documents. Performs Systems Integration
- Create, release and maintain project Systems Engineering Plan
- Define, maintain, and control system/subsystem interfaces
- Define technical integration strategies and develops integration plans
- Perform Systems Verification
- Develop product systems and subsystem level verification requirements and pass/fail criteria
- Develop Qualification, Verification, and Validation Plans. Plan and conduct integration tests
- Document all results
- Track integration tests results and retest status
- Plan and conduct experiments involving test methods and conditions, e.g., vibration, shock, thermal environments
- Document all results
- Working with Test Equipment Engineering, identify needs for product test equipment, and develop engineering and production test equipment design and verification requirements
- Working with Manufacturing Engineering, Test Equipment Engineering and Production Operations, develop production test procedures (ESS and ATP.)
- Conduct and record results of qualification, verification, and validation efforts and corrective actions
- Responsible for execution and closure of Failure Investigation & Analysis Reports (FIAR) and Test Incident Reports (TIR.)
- Generate formal Qualification Test Reports (QTR.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Aerospace or other Engineering field with 5 years of relevant work experience or a Master’s degree and 3 years of relevant work experience, preferably with EO/IR systems
- Software programming and/or Integration background
- Proficient with Microsoft Projects, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficient with CAD systems such as CATIA and SolidWorks
- Professional work experience in defense industry/DoD desired
- Must be a U.S. person as defined by ITAR (22CFR 120.15.)
- Direct experience in system level design requiring an understanding of mechanics and electronics including system specification flow-down is strongly preferred
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.