Shipping and Receiving Clerks
Shipping and Receiving ClerksSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Shipping and Receiving Clerks in Union Grove, Wisconsin.
Responsible for shipping products to customers. Verify and keep records on outgoing products.. Count, weigh, and check outgoing material and supplies. Prepare items for shipment and arrange for transportation of products. Package outbound shipments using shrink wrap machines to reduce shipping damage. Transport various items to designated areas in the plant, and occasionally outside the plant. Load trucks for outbound shipments as required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform shipping duties
- Safe operation of forklift. Proceed safely to assigned areas to pull, load, and move material. May assist in unloading trucks
- Prior to using forklift must perform operations and safety check
- Maintain manual/computerized records and files. Generate shipping/receiving reports and documentation
- Process all required paperwork. Complete bills of lading and other required forms with a high level of accuracy. Orders need to be closed in system as required
- Transport material to staging areas, inventory areas and other designated areas
- Verify count/weight, and check items ready for shipment against the customer order. Work with Production Control and Customer Service to resolve any discrepancies
- Select and/or build proper containers. Operate packing equipment and prepare products with correct packing, crating, banding, tagging, and handling per instructions
- Perform various material handling duties in the facility
- Stack skids/pallets in designated areas
- Keep adequate supply of shipping materials on hand at all times
- Adhere to all Standard Operating Procedures
- Work in a safe manner and follow all safety rules and procedures to ensure personal safety as well as safety of others
- Keep work area neat and orderly (5s standards)
- When limited/no work in area, may provide assistance to other departments as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Lifting up to a maximum of 40 lbs
- Frequent bending, stooping and reaching above and below waist
- Twisting frequently at waist and shoulder levels
- Frequently sitting on powered forklift
- Capable of wearing safety glasses with permanent side shields at all times
- Capable of wearing steel-toed safety shoes at all times
- Capable of wearing other PPE as required
- Sufficient visual acuity to read instructions, safely operate equipment (including forklift), and ensure work meets standards
- Sufficient manual dexterity to safely operate forklift and properly perform work.
- Two years of high school but prefer High School Diploma or GED
- Some computer skills required; PC and terminal use, and basic data entry skills
- Ability to operate order picker and narrow aisle lift trucks
- Ability to perform to verbal instructions, as well as read/write English and interpret documents
- Ability to use basic math
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to be responsible with motorized equipment
- Good eye/hand coordination and good motor skills
- Satisfactorily pass in-company forklift driver training program and demonstrates in a “road test” safe handling of forklift truck
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.