Staff Software Engineers
Staff Software EngineersSTS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Staff Software Engineers to work for Harley-Davidson in Mountain View, California.
At Harley-Davidson, we are building more than machines. It’s our passion and commitment to continue the evolution of this storied brand, and heighten the desirability of the Harley-Davidson experience. To keep building our legend and leading our industry through innovation, evolution, and emotion we need the best and brightest talent. We stand for the timeless pursuit of adventure. Freedom for the soul. Are you ready to join us?
Our Engineering team at the Livewire Labs facility located in Mountain View, CA has an opening for a Staff Software Design Engineer – Software Architecture. This open position requires a relentless drive to success while working in an efficient, dynamic and agile systems focused engineering environment.
This engineer will be responsible for ownership of the overall software architecture common design, processes and integration to the H-D functional safety process. This staff level systems engineer will demonstrate strong overall understanding of software development in both C code and model based, as well as serial communications including CAN. Engineering technical skills related to software design review and analysis are required.
This is What You’ll Do:
- Design the overall software main function blocks and define informational data flow through software component algorithms
- Develop execution order requirements of software subsystems and functions to maximize efficiency of software execution while meeting the performance needs of all functions
- Ensure designs meet requirements for modular and flexible software design of components for maximum re-use across other modules and vehicle platforms
- Define processor sequence for memory management including flash, non-volatile, and overall segmentation
- Understand and analyze requirements at vehicle and system level
- Work in collaboration with module application software developers to perform design reviews on SW architecture implementation
- Analyze the architecture design for DFMEA activity
- Ensure coding standards and software best practice guidelines are followed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics or related technical degree. Masters in related field is preferred. Formal Functional Safety training is a plus.
- Minimum 8 years of experience with algorithm design and architecture, 10 years preferred
- Basic understanding of all EV components: DC/DC converter, Motor Controller / Inverter, BMS and High Voltage bus management, Cell / Pack HV behavior
- Knowledge of end-to-end software process is required
- MATLAB, Simulink; Auto-code generation and rapid prototyping systems experience is a plus
- Knowledge of ISO 26262 work process and technical deliverables
- Knowledge of CAN communication bus standards and experience with on-road vehicle software is a plus
- Experience with DFMEA, PFMEA and related quality assurance processes
- Proficiency in C code creating and editing is a plus
- Team oriented working style and good communication skills for interaction with internal customers
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call (717) 881-4669.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply via Email
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org