STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services now offers Structures Engineer jobs in Purchase, New York.
These are full time, direct opportunities!
Note:Our staffing services come at no cost to you, the candidate. This is job seeking made simple! For more details, please contact our recruiters at 1-800-359-4787.
The Senior Structures Engineer reports to the Manager, Structures & Projects Engineering and is responsible for the engineering data, instructions, documents, and technical support that economically ensures the safety, airworthiness, and reliability of company aircraft within the following ATA chapter subjects: 25, 27 (structural aspects), 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 71 (structural aspects), and 78 (structural aspects).
- Provide guidance to Structures Engineering staff
- Issue instructions and documents to economically support operations and return aircraft to service in a safe, airworthy, and timely manner
- Develop plans, instructions, and documents to comply with FARs, ADs, and NPRMs and to resolve non-mandatory in-service issues
- Participate in industry working groups, industry steering committees, industry meetings, and conferences
- Support integration of new and previously operated aircraft
- Liaise with manufacturers; maintenance representatives, repair & overhaul (MRO) facilities; outside engineering departments; regulatory personnel; and other outside agencies
- Review work of consultant, contract, and MRO Structures Engineers
- Evaluate Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs), Notices of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRMs), Airworthiness Directives (ADs), Service Bulletins (SBs), Service Letters (SLs), and other notifications of in-service issues
- Develop and/or obtain approved data, acceptable data, and Alternate Methods of Compliance (AMOCs) for repairs, alterations, and modifications
- Evaluate reported Level 2 and Level 3 corrosion findings, develop corrective action plans, and submits plan in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Evaluate discrepancies that require mandatory reporting to the FAA, and submit these reports to the FAA in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Develop product improvement modifications as dictated by Reliability indicators
- Work with original equipment manufacturers on emerging issues to help ensure safety and airworthiness, but also minimize the economic impact
- Organize, develop and provide all necessary Structures Engineering documentation required to complete aircraft structures modifications and repairs within the allocated time schedule and budget allowance
- Provide technical support to Technical Operations, Ground Operations, Flight Operations, and other personnel
- Provide 24/7 technical support in cooperation with other Engineering staff
- Implement the Repair Assessment Program (RAP)
- Implement programs to comply with new FARs on Repairs, Alterations, and Modifications (RAMs) and other Aging Aircraft programs such as Widespread Fatigue Damage (WFD)
- Initiate maintenance program changes and changes to maintenance documents
- 4-8 years’ Aircraft Structural Engineering
- S. Engineering/Technical Engineering Degree
- Meets deadlines
- Remembers & follows instructions
- Meets daily attendance & punctuality standard
- Work is thorough
- Produces accurate, dependable work
- Output is consistent
- Complete attention to detail
- Volume of work produced meets expectations
- Commitment to task
- Ability and flexibility to travel domestically and internationally
Since this is a direct hire job, our client will provide a full benefits package to you. If you would like to learn more about that package, please call 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.