Supplier Quality Engineers
Supplier Quality EngineersSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services offers Supplier Quality Engineer jobs in Greensboro, North Carolina.
The Supplier Quality Engineer position will be responsible for the Total Quality Management of assigned suppliers of aircraft product.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Evaluates and approves suppliers for Type Certification and production use
- Trains suppliers in applicable in our client’s quality requirements and operating systems
- Conducts audits of supplier facilities and manufacturing processes to ensure compliance with all client and FAA requirements
- Coordinates and verifies supplier root cause and corrective action activities
- Implements supplier improvement plans as necessary in order to ensure suppliers perform at expected quality levels
- Supports the continued development of the Supplier Quality Management System and related processes
- Supports supplier Production Readiness Activities
- Supports cross functional Integrated Project Teams as necessary
- Promote the client’s philosophies in daily SQA activities
- Bachelor of Science Degree in related Engineering field preferred
- 5 years minimum and 15 years maximum experience in a directly related role required
- Experience working with and auditing to internationally recognized quality systems such as AS9100, TS16949, ISO 9001 preferred
- Experience in the development and’oversight of an FAA Part 21 approved Quality System a plus
- Exposure to Six Sigma or Lean Sigma methodologies preferred
- ASQ CQE or CQA certifications a plus
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Working knowledge of various quality tools and processes such as PFIVIEA, Control Plans, APQP, PDCA, DMAIC, SPC preferred
- Experience managing suppliers of composite structures, metallic structures,machined components or major assemblies a plus
- Experience auditing special manufacturing processes such as heat treating, welding, anodizing, chemical conversion coating, or nondestructive testing (NDT) a plus
- General computer proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required
- Effective communication skills and proficiency in English required
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
Since this is a direct hire job, our client will provide a full benefits package to you. If you would like to learn more about that package, please call 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.