Tool Design Engineers
Tool Design EngineersSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is currently hiring Tool Design Engineers for open positions in Greensboro, North Carolina.
The Tooling Engineer is responsible for clarity, standard conformity, interface compatibility, dimensional accuracy, and ease of manufacturing for all checking layouts and drawings, including advising management of potential tooling issues.
- Checks completed layouts and drawings for: clarity, completeness, conformity to standards, procedures specification, critical interface compatibility, productivity aspects, dimensional accuracy of calculations and geometric tolerancing
- Investigates design factors such as ease of manufacturing, availability of materials and equipment, interchangeability; replaceability, strength – weight efficiency.
- Examines designs for proper application of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T), conducts analysis of tolerances to ensure correct assembly fits.
- Advises the Manager/Supervisor of Tool Engineering regarding all tooling related matters of significance which impact, or have potential to impact, the Manufacturing responsibility
- Recommends changes to existing tool designs related to cost reduction or obsolescence
- Detail drawing generation may be required
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- B.S.M.E. degree in Mechanical engineering or related field strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 year’s aerospace (tooling) Industry experience preferred.
- Formal GD&T training required.
- Expert experience and proficiency with CATIA V5.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Broad knowledge of aerospace tooling and fabrication processes
- Strong Knowledge in the use of GD&T per ASME Y 14.5 Standard
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Lotus Notes)
- Experience working in SAP and TcE strongly preferred
- Thorough understanding of blueprint reading
- Prior drawing generating and checking experience is preferred
- Ability to multitask and a strong work ethic is a must
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving skills based upon sound technical reasoning
- The employee will be expected to acquire an expert knowledge of HACI Tooling Design Standards and Processes
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, and if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.