STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is Hiring Transmission Assemblers in Liberty, South Carolina!
Perform a variety of semi-skilled assembly operations to assemble small, medium, or large units or sub-assemblies to close tolerances and strict inspection requirements. Read and interpret drawings, charts, and diagrams. Assemble finished product to customer specifications and company policies. Knowledge of all sub assembly and assembly for progressive line is required Operator needs to be proficient with inspection equipment such as dial indicators, micrometer, calipers, motor test equipment and sound testing.
- Check specifications to determine required assembly and ensure have adequate supplies for the particular build.
- Check tools and equipment for correct operation
- Assemble a variety of subassemblies and complete units of varying weights, following blueprints, sketches and instructions. This may require the use of power and hand tools, gauges, small machines, and test equipment
- Work from assembly drawings and specifications
- Adhere to all Standard Operating Procedures
- Recognize defective or faulty workmanship and report issues to department lead
- Maintain production and quality standards and identify equipment malfunctions
- Perform a range of mechanical, electrical, strength and pressure tests and make final adjustments
- Keep work area and equipment clean and orderly (5s standard)
- Work in a safe manner and follow all safety rules and procedures to ensure personal safety as well as safety of co-workers
- When limited/no work in area, may provide assistance to other departments as needed
- Help evaluate processes to improve product flow
- Complete all required paperwork accurately
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to perform to verbal instructions, as well as read/write English and interpret all assembly documents including but not limited to: bills of material, blueprints, test information
- Ability to use power and hand tools, gauges, testing devices and small machines to assemble components to specifications and test
- Ability to work from detailed instructions and the making of minor decisions involving the use of some judgment
- Solid basic math skills (addition and subtraction of decimals and fractions)
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to accurately record daily production
- Requires some degree of skill and precision assembling techniques
- Ability to work in a team environment, and as an individual when needed
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.