Aircraft Check Managers
Aircraft Check ManagersSTS Technincal Services
STS Aviation Services
STS Aviation Services is hiring Aircraft Check Managers in Manchester, United Kingdom.
STS Aviation Services is rapidly growing, and we are looking for new team members to be part of our journey as the leading UK MRO.
This is an exciting time to join the STS Aviation Services business and be part of our growing base maintenance operations in Manchester. As the Check Manager you will be responsible for the overall management and delivery of the allocated maintenance inputs and retaining oversight of the maintenance tasks to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Delivering allocated maintenance inputs to schedule
- Delivering allocated Projects and company initiatives to schedule
- Assisting Base Maintenance Management team as required
- Line management of all staff within their agreed area of responsibility
- Issue certificates of release to service for the specific aircraft type within the scope of limitations of their QA044 Staff Authorisation Document.
- Allocation of tasks and responsibility within their work area.
- Maintain a log of progress against task
- Provide and deliver daily production briefings
- Update senior management as required
- Develop solutions to deliver maintenance to target within any budget constraints set.
- Ensure a daily progress report is issued for the aircraft under maintenance.
- Accountable for the technical integrity of all work carried out under their control.
- Accountable for the conduct and time keeping of all allocated staff whilst employed within their area of responsibility.
- Maintaining allocated work area to the highest standards of cleanliness.
- Ensure that all husbandry and tool audit requirements are carried out and recorded.
- Carry out formal appraisals of hangar floor staff and advise Head of Base Maintenance on potential for further training and individual development.
- Responsible for continued H&S ‘duty of care’ of their team, ensuring all current procedures are followed.
- Carry out DQS self-audit in line with base maintenance procedures. Allocate audits to staff within their area of responsibility and co-ordinate responses where applicable.
- Assist with quality audit and support the implementation of robust closure plans.
- Assist the Head of Base Maintenance with the creation and management of budgets as required.
- Category B licensed engineers must hold C certification by aircraft type
- Must hold A330/A320 type ratings
- Minimum of 5 years Base Maintenance experience as a B1 and/or B2 certifying engineer
- Must have the right to work in the UK
- Have a good working knowledge of Part 145 Aviation Legislation
- Flexible approach to working in a fast-changing environment
- Excellent in the following: communication Skills, management Skills and interpersonal skills
About STS Aviation Services:
STS Aviation Services operates three state-of-the-art aircraft hangars, two interior modification facilities and more than 40 line maintenance stations both stateside and abroad. These facilities, and the expert personnel that call each home, fuel the company’s drive to seamlessly blend a growing portfolio of MRO services to deliver all-encompassing aircraft maintenance, engineering and modification solutions to the global aviation industry.
To learn more about STS Aviation Services and what makes it the company with “Solutions to Keep You Flying,” please visit www.stsaviationgroup.com or call 1-800-800-2400.