Aircraft Interior Technicians
Aircraft Interior TechniciansSTS Technincal Services
West Star Avaition
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Interior Technicians in East Alton, Illinois.
This position requires an advanced knowledge of interior installations. The job includes varying amounts of parts replacements or repair, basic electrical system installation and general mechanical applications. Modifications, repair, refurbishment and reinstallation of aircraft interiors are primary functions. Evaluate and adjust on modifications essential. Assisting Team Leader in training and work flow will be common. Job duties will vary each day and are designated by the Team Leader in charge of that project. Will be required to work independently.
- Attend work every day as scheduled to include overtime and weekend assignments. Notify supervisor in advance of shift starting if unable to work.
- Must have reliable transportation to get to work each and every day.
- Perform general mechanical items on aircraft interiors and related systems. This shall include, but not be limited to items such as removal and installation of panels and components, repair work and basic sheet metal repair or installation.
- Remove and install carpeting, insulation, sound proofing and fabric accessories with no supervision.
- Perform minor modifications with minimal direction.
- Perform daily turnover sheets, work order processes and weight and balance data.
- Maintenance and repair of shop facility, equipment and tooling when required.
- Work independently on projects when required.
- Assist with training to ensure job knowledge and performance of interior installers.
- Maintain cleanliness of shop and surroundings.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience on aircraft interiors required.
- Aircraft experience essential.
- 3 – 5 years heavy modification experience required.
- Self-motivated and able to maintain a rapid pace.
- Process work with minimal supervision.
- Perform all work in accordance with Federal Aviation Administration guidelines.
- Follow all company and safety rules during performance of duties.
- Maintain customer oriented work habits.
- Perform major modification work.
- Other technicians in interior shop or other departments.
- Team Leader of team assigned, Interior Supervisor and Interior Manager.
- Company sales representatives.
- Customers or outside vendors.
- Lift and carry at least 50 lbs.
- Routine walking, bending, kneeling and squatting or sitting.
- Routing or repetitive physical motion with arms and hands with emphasis on grasping, feeling and finger dexterity.
- Standing for long periods.
- Understanding and implementation of regulations and guidelines including but not limited to OSHA, haz mat, etc.
Communicate with employees, customers and vendors in a professional manner.
- Work with others in a professional manner.
- Read various reports and blue prints.
- Plan and organize procedures and operations.
- Work under supervision of assigned Team Leader and Interior Management.
- May be directed to supervise other technicians in some capacity.
- Work with minimal supervision when required.
- The majority of work will be accomplished in a heated hangar or shop area.
- Work in aircraft on ramp on occasion.,
- Varied positions in and around the aircraft.
- Personal hand tools supplied by the technician.
- Electrical power tools such as sanders, saws, power drills, etc.
- Sheet metal cutters, glue guns and metal benders.
- Tugs, power carts and other engine powered equipment.
- Spray booth and all related equipment.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.