A&P MechanicsSTS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring A&P Mechanics in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
Now hiring experienced Aircraft Maintenance Technicians at our Perryville, MO/East Alton, IL/Grand Junction CO/Chattanooga, TN location to work in our service center in completion of scheduled and unscheduled maintenance and inspections to complex modifications and repairs on various types of corporate aircraft. All skill levels are needed (I, II, and III).
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform general to complex maintenance task on assigned aircraft and related systems. This shall include, but not limited to items such as removal and installation of panels and components, repair work, and sheet metal repair or installation.
- Perform aircraft mechanic duties that require an advance level of knowledge, training of junior level technicians or troubleshooting repairs.
- Examines, disassembles and inspects engines, parts or other components for wear, warping, breaks, leaks or other non-conformities or deficiencies. Assembles and installs electrical, plumbing, mechanical, hydraulic, and structural components and accessories, using hand tools and power tools.
- Services and maintains aircraft systems by performing tasks, including, but not limited to flushing crankcase, cleaning screens, greasing moving parts, and checking brakes. Repairs, replaces, and rebuilds aircraft structures, functional components, and parts, such as wings and fuselage, rigging, and hydraulic units.
- Tests engine and system operations, using testing equipment, and listens to engine sounds to detect and diagnose malfunctions.
- Removes engine from aircraft or installs engine, using hoist or forklift truck.
- Disassembles, and or modifies aircraft structures, systems, or components, following drawings, engineering orders and technical publications.
- Reads and interprets aircraft maintenance manuals and specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Adjusts, aligns, and calibrates aircraft systems, using hand tools, gauges, and test equipment.
- Maintain and repair of shop facility, equipment and tooling when required.
- Work independently on projects when required.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) required.
- Associate’s Degree in Aviation Technology preferred along with aircraft model specific training.
- At least 3 years current experience maintaining, inspecting, servicing and repairing corporate aircraft.
- Must possess a valid FAA A&P License.
- Basic computer skills.
- Experience in Aviation Maintenance Software programs such as Corridor is preferred.
- Must have regular attendance and be able to work overtime when needed and potentially work alternate shifts as determined by aircraft schedules and manpower needs.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and US Passport (preferred); must pass a pre-employment drug test; ongoing employment requires participation and compliance with the Anti Drug and Alcohol Misuse Prevention Program which includes random testing.
- Self-motivated, able to work unsupervised and maintain a rapid pace.
- Quality oriented.
- Must perform all work in accordance with applicable FAA regulations, the company RSM and Safety standards.
- Follow all company and safety rules during performance of duties.
- Maintain customer service oriented work habits.
- A valid drivers license approved for airline travel and/or a valid passport is ideal, but not required
- Routine standing, walking, bending, squatting, sitting or stooping.
- Manual work requires routine or repetitive physical motion with arms and hands.
- Work is performed in a hangar environment subject to extreme temperature variations from very cold to very hot.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.