E&I TechniciansSTS Technincal Services
The basic function of the E&I Technician is to install, troubleshoot, clean, inspect, calibrate, and maintain electrical, instrumentation, and distributive control equipment throughout the facility in a safe and professional manner.
- Understand and follow all safety procedures
- Current on all safety trainings
- Wears all required PPE when necessary (steel toe boots, safety glasses, ear plugs)
- Understand Lock Out Tag Out procedures for assigned areas.
- Perform duties according to OSHA guidelines, policies and procedures
- Complete General Plant Safety Training within the first 8 weeks.
The following lists the principle activities associated with the position of E&I Technician.
- Troubleshoot and maintains facility equipment to ensure safe, environmentally compliant and efficient equipment and facility operation.
- Performs electrical preventive, repair, and calibration maintenance procedures safely and professionally with adequate supervision in accordance with Federal and State
- Regulations, and Company Work Rules, Policies and Procedures.
- Able to use and read available documentation (PID’s/loop sheets/motor elementaries, etc.)
- Access and read PLC/DCS program control logic to diagnose and troubleshoot problems and repair with minimal or no supervision/additional training.
- Initiates and completes work-orders and requisitions, and documents all critical and or pertinent information on a routine basis by direction and with supervision/training.
- Available to work scheduled and unscheduled overtime.
- Responds and reports to work during off hours when emergency repairs.
- Takes proactive measures to address improvement opportunities.
- Performs lesser skilled duties when required or requested.
- Completes Plant Training Programs within the time frame prescribed.
- Identifies and effectively uses basic and precision measuring tools to calculate and determine lengths, surface areas, and volumes as necessary while performing maintenance tasks on a routine basis.
- Follows standard safety procedures, correct safety and environmental hazards, and report them immediately.
- Reads, understands, and applies information such as, lock out/tag out procedures, safety rules, job hazard analyses, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Communicates clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing; as well as communicate clearly whether using in-situ intercom system, two-way radio or face to face.
- Anticipates typical problems, identify potential or recurring problems, and take appropriate action with supervision/training. Troubleshoots equipment, diagnose problems and repair with supervision/training.
- Operates other equipment including, but not limited to, industrial forklifts, man-lifts, skid steer type loaders, and other mobile equipment.
Certificated & Licenses:
Other – Licenses as required by State, Federal, Environmental and/or Health/Safety Regulatory agencies.
- Must understand solid state circuitry and 24V, 110V, 220V, 440V, and 480V systems.
- Ability to size an electrical panel based components for install; ability to size components and wiring based on electrical schematic; ability to build electrical automation enclosure based on schematics and plant requirements.
- Ability to diagnose problems with programmable controllers on equipment and operate electrical testing equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret safety documents, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to complete work orders and enter the required paperwork into a computer.
- Able to interpret PLC ladder logic.
- Working knowledge of Servo Systems.
- Must be able to lift at least 50lbs and to push-pull up to 75lbs.
- Must be able to work long periods while continuously standing, twisting, bending, reaching, and stooping.
- Must be able to work environment which is dusty and noisy.
- Must be able to work in plant environment with extreme seasonal temperatures.
- Holds Self and Others accountable
- Shares lessons learned on safety practices
- Demonstrates self-care and mutual-care
- Team Player
- Treats others with respect
- Helps others
- Communicates effectively
- Thinks of team before self
- Self-awareness of strengths and weaknesses
- Understanding of adhering to company policies and procedures (attendance, timekeeping, housekeeping)
- Open to constructive feedback
- Actively seeks ways to develop
Knowledge & Problem Solving:
- Effectively assist in resolving issues using job knowledge and skills
- Able to identify issues and actively seeks to resolve
- Offers pragmatic solutions
- Continuously seeks new and innovative work methods
Imitative & Productivity:
- Understands performance expectations (quality, timeliness)
- Strives to improve efficiency / bottleneck issues
- Adaptive to new ways of improvement
- Questions current status for improvements
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a recruiting professional directly, please call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.