Electrical EngineersSTS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Electrical Engineers in Ridgeland, South Carolina.
Are you an Electrical Engineer with 2-4 years’ experience with 12v/24v vehicle electrical systems?
We’re looking for the right candidate to join our small, fast paced engineering team!
The qualified candidate has a BS in Electrical Engineering and 2D AutoCAD Experience (Solidworks 2017 3D Experiences is a plus). They are also able to troubleshoot vehicle electrical systems, develop and read electrical schematics, meet deadlines, and communicate designs to production teammates.
The electrical engineer will collaborate with a variety of colleagues across project teams from engineering and product development to implementation and manufacturing. In addition to being a team player, our ideal candidate is a self-motivated problem solver who finds pragmatic solutions to highly technical challenges.
- Design functional electrical systems through the development and testing of components
- Research and design components for electrical equipment and systems for use in commercial vehicle.
- Supervise the manufacturing and installation of electrical equipment, components, and systems
- Inspect and observe facilities to evaluate the efficacy and quality of electrical systems, components, and products
- Devise testing methods and properties to confirm the functionality of electrical components and systems
- Develop electrical products and systems to meet customer specifications
- Research and test manufacturing and assembly processes; develop innovative processes to improve or modify current methods
- Conduct research to collect and analyze data to create reports about ongoing projects
- Comply with local, state, and federal regulations to uphold the company’s reputation
- Communicate engineering information across teams and departments to facilitate successful completion of large-scale projects
- Troubleshoot to solve unforeseen problems with product design or implementation
- Maintain detailed database to catalog products and component parts
- Train and supervise technicians to assist in project completion
- Expand professional and technical knowledge of leading-edge developments in electrical engineering through participation in professional organizations, networking events, and educational workshops
- Review industry publications to maintain a current perspective on the electrical engineering field
- Have 3D modelling experience (SolidWorks preferred, Catia V5 or Pro-E) acceptable.
- Have 2D AutoCAD experience.
- Understanding safety and environmental compliance of the department. Actively participates in safety improvement activities.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement activities within the departments. Implementation of Lean foundational blocks of Identification of Waste, 5S, Standard Work, and Visual Management. Participates in Kaizen Events and takes on roles of subject matter expert where appropriate. Participates in value stream map creation and goal setting for the department product lines.
The Tasks This Person Will Perform:
- Conceive conceptual ideas and thoughts for vehicle design, components of vehicle, and systems of vehicles.
- Makes sketches, creates components, 3D models of components, systems and schematics.
- Analyses data to develop new designs. Uses engineering principles to determine loads and performs necessary calculations to support new design.
- Uses the computer assisted design 3D software to create detail drawings from prepared 3D models, sketches and vendor documents from which manufacturing either makes or purchases component/parts.
- Translates CAD drawings into “pdf” format and files for company wide use.
- Assist in testing to verify and develop new/existing machine design
- Assist in building, or modification of vehicle components and vehicle.
- Uses the computer assisted design software to alter /change existing drawings.
- Uses the computer assisted design software to generate part assemblies, instructions and specifications
- Using “Engineering’s” bill of material format, generate “BOM”.
- Uses computer assisted 2D software to create schematics and diagrams.
- Creates the engineering documentation to communicate the release/change of parts, assemblies and bills of material to manufacturing.
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining organizes files in computer system.
Additional Skills & Abilities:
- Company sponsored programs, vendor sponsored programs, ASE certifications
- General computer proficiency including spreadsheet and data base tools.
- Familiarity Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) systems.
- Must be able to participate in Lean principles and continuous improvement activities.
- Minimum of 2-5 years’ of experience in electrical engineering disciplines
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD or other computer-aided design software applications
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to write clearly about highly technical subject matter
- Thorough understanding of electronic systems and component materials
- Capacity to analyze a problem from multiple perspectives and explore creative solutions
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong public speaking and interpersonal skills
- High attention to detail with a desire for excellence
- Knowledgeable in manufacturing processes, fabrications, welding, machining, and assembly techniques
- Knowledge in engineering principles and disciplines
- Knowledge in higher mathematics: algebra, geometry, trigonometry, and English language
Education and Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or similar field
Excellent Benefit Package:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance Anthem BCBS with TICO contributions towards premiums
- Basic Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability Insurance – TICO 100% sponsored
- Medical tax saving account options: FSA or HSA
- Voluntary Supplemental Insurances: Voluntary Life, Disability, Accident, Cancer through Aflac.
- 401K plan with company match
- Drug Free Workplace
- Paid Vacation available in 6 months
- Paid 7 Holidays
- Free Membership to Tickets at Work
- Lift/Push/Pull- Exerting up to 40 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Climbing- Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
- Stooping- Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist.
- Kneeling- Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
- Crouching/Crawling/Reaching – Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine. Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet. Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing- Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: operating machines such as lathes, drill presses, power saws and mills where the seeing job is at or within arm’s reach; performing mechanical tasks of a non-repetitive nature such as carpenters, technicians, service people, plumbers, painters, mechanics, etc. The worker is required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment.
- The worker is subject to hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
About STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.