Website STS Technical Group
STS Technical Group is hiring Mechanical Designers in Brookfield, Wisconsin.
- Responsible for design, development and implementation of automated machine, tooling and fixtures.
- Interact with internal customers to provide mechanical design support for their equipment needs.
- Ensure both product quality and process reliability are designed into the project from the start.
- Review and understand project costing and margin requirements with applications engineering.
- Develop clear, measurable requirements for success based on the established standards and in concert with project teams.
- Lead the creation and maintenance of a detailed project schedule to update Management of the status on the progress of the project in regular basis.
- Responsible for the project specifications, evaluation of suppliers, their quotations and cost control of the project budget.
- Ensure the project delivered is compliant with all relevant OSHA, ANSI and local standards in respect to the design and engineering work practices.
- Project Management including phase reviews, design & development and full documentation.
- Conduct regular project meetings with the project team throughout the project on: Machine/Equipment/Tooling design and status.
- Controls/Systems design and status.
- Review project specifications, deliverables and requirements with applications engineering.
- Track all changes with a written Project Change Notification and maintain a revision summary.
- Record, address and resolve issues that impact project timing and/or scope.
- Develop contingency plans or recovery plans as required.
- Monitor the timing and cost of the fabrication to deliver the project on time and within budget.
Experience & Education:
- 5-10 years relevant working experience
- Automation Machine Design, Design for Manufacturing High Speed Assembly Equipment (optional).
- Machine Tools Precision Tooling Industrial machine control systems (optional)
- 3-5 years relevant experience in project management.
- Solid interpersonal communication skills, a professional demeanor, cooperative personality and a team attitude are all required.
- Works well with others and interacts effectively and efficiently with internal and external people and groups.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to use SolidWorks and MS Office Suite, MS Project, SharePoint Document Management and general computer literacy.
- Extensive cross functional team expertise including technical and non-technical work.
- Analytical and creative thinker, problem solver, result-oriented and focused.
- Highly organized, ability to prioritize a varied and fast-changing workload.
- Motivated, high achiever, persistent and conscientious.
If you meet the above requirements, we encourage you to apply on this page.
If you have questions, call 1-800-359-4787. Thanks, and best of luck.
STS Technical Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, STS Technical Services complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.