Optical Engineers IV
Optical Engineers IVSTS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Optical Engineers in San Francisco, California.
We are seeking a candidate with strong optical design fundamentals and industry experience to help us develop next generation optical sensors.
Day-to-Day Responsibilities Include:
- Design and evaluate optical subcomponents using standard industry tools such as Zemax and FRED
- Verify compliance for optical sub-assemblies and conduct trade-off studies and design change recommendations.
- Perform simulations including yield analysis, tolerancing, illumination control, and thermal optimization.
- Partner with vendors to develop and bring manufacturable designs to production
- Analyze data from test stations and troubleshoot imaging and non-imaging optics to determine compliance with specifications and root cause for failures.
- Develop new test methods and procedures, and work with suppliers for implementation.
- 10+ years experience in optical design
- BS in Optical Engineering, Physics, or a related field
- Strong background in lens design and manufacturing for both lenses and diffusers.
- Fluent in standard design tools such as Zemax, CodeV, FRED, ASAP, MATLAB, Python
- Strong communications skills
- Production and vendor management experience, familiarity with optical supplier network.
- Knowledge of time-of-flight or flash lidar based optical systems.
- MS or Ph.D. in Optical Engineering, Physics, or related field
- Experience designing optical systems for automotive or other harsh environments
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.