Paint PreppersSTS Technincal Services
The Paint Prep I is responsible for wiping, sanding, and inspecting all parts to be painted as well as plugging and masking all parts. Other required tasks include blowing water, shot blow of area, and operation of overhead hoist to hang parts.
These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
- Wipe, sand, inspect all parts, up to and, including preparation of painted parts for paint repair.
- Plug and mask all parts and blow any and all excess water and shot from cavities within the parts to allow for proper paint adhesion and needs to be familiar with the operation of the overhead hoist for hanging parts.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment in compliance with safety procedures, rules, and proper 6S standards. Demonstrate best practices to follow all safe procedures in assembling and testing of all models/products in assigned function.
- Inspect completed parts for quality, validate components meet production and quality standards.
- Assist in driving back defects to the point of origin along with facilitation of corrective actions.
- Maintain inventory levels by identifying, labeling, stocking and recording materials and supplies where applicable.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Forklift certification.
- Tugger certification.
- Tractor certification.
- Driver’s license.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.