STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Painters in McConnellsburg, Pennsylvania.
Responsible for the application of paint and other coatings using electrostatic / air assist paint guns and other automotive type paint application devices on JLG products including government / military spec paint.
- Prime, paint, and touchup vehicles with power spray equipment and brushes.
- Mask, unmask, or adjust masking as necessary to ensure specifications are met. Sand, wash, and condition parts as necessary.
- Light bodywork may be required. Disassemble, clean, repair, adjust and reassemble painting equipment, such as pumps, paint heaters, tanks, spray guns, etc. for proper operation.
- Flush tanks, hoses and guns prior to color changeovers.
- Mix all types of paints for proper color, formula, conditions, viscosity and consistency.
- Perform titrations and mix or adjust chemicals as necessary in paint, zinc, or other processes. Apply decals, stencils, and rust-proofing as required. Upkeep of work area and equipment which may include preventative maintenance tasks. Inspect product before, during, after paint process to ensure specifications are being met.
- Transport, move or guide parts, subassemblies, or assemblies before, during, or after paint process and to next operation.
- This may include moving racks or carts by hand and the use of material handling equipment such as a fork lift or overhead crane.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- High school diploma or GED
- 6 plus months of painting experience in automotive or heavy vehicle/equipment in a manufacturing, industrial, or automotive body shop.
- Strong mathematical skills. Basic mechanical aptitude
- Candidate should be able to do assigned work with a minimum amount of direction. Ability to troubleshoot and correct issues as directed
- 1 plus year(s) of painting experience in automotive or heavy vehicle/equipment in manufacturing, industrial, or automotive body shop
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.