Process EngineersSTS Technincal Services
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Process Engineers in Whitehall, Michigan.
Howmet Aerospace, is a leading global provider of advanced engineered solutions for the aerospace and transportation industries. The Company’s primary businesses focus on jet engine components, aerospace fastening systems and titanium structural parts necessary for mission-critical performance and efficiency in aerospace and defense applications, as well as forged wheels for commercial transportation. Howmet Aerospace is transforming the next phase of more fuel-efficient, quieter aerospace engines and sustainable ground transportation.
As a Process Modeling Engineer, you will Construct CAD and FE models and use CFD techniques to model processes and analyze process model results; working with plant process and product engineers to use modeling to more efficiently introduce new product, improve process robustness, improve process yield, reduce costs and improve process understanding. You will work with other modeling engineers to advance the capabilities and applicability of process modeling to investment casting.
This position involves working in a close team environment performing a combination of development and support for Howmet’s casting facilities. This position involves:
- Constructing and solving large 3-D finite element models of supplied electronic data for prediction and reduction of as-cast defects in our equiaxed Titanium product lines.
- Development and improvement of the procedures, boundary conditions, material databases and application of process modeling for investment casting foundry applications.
- Expansion of application of general heat transfer and fluid dynamics modeling applications within Howmet Engines.
- Advance technical capability of Howmet’s Titanium castings through simulated design
- Bachelor’s Degree in one of the following disciplines from an accredited institution: Mechanical Engineering, Materials Engineering, or Aeronautical Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years experience in CAD, finite element methods and computational fluid dynamic.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. “Green Card Holder”), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- A Master’s Degree in one of the following disciplines: 1) Mechanical Engineering, 2) Materials Engineering, 3) Aeronautical Engineering
- 3+ years industrial experience.
- Knowledge of multiple three dimensional CAD applications (UG/Catia/ProEngineer)
- Knowledge of a variety of Finite Element Method applications (3D Automeshing/Fluid Flow/Heat Transfer/Stress)
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows
- Experience leading teams in problem solving and solution implementation
- Experience in training and/or mentoring technical staff on capabilities of FE process modeling
- Good oral and written communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with customers and engineering staff.
- The ability to set up and analyze fluid flow, heat transfer and stress/strain analyses of Howmet Engines’ manufacturing processes.
- Extensive working knowledge of ProCAST, finite element analysis, and/or computational fluid dynamics.
- Computer programming skills: python and/or c/c++ or fortran programming experience, xml, experience with Access, MySQL relational databases and MS Office Tools. Linux user experience / system admin experience a plus.
- Knowledge of computer cluster hardware components and needs to support intensive simulation execution
- Basic knowledge of investment casting manufacturing process and/or hot forming processes
- Experience with JMatPro (or other CALPHAD computer software).
- Knowledge and training in physical metallurgy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a self-directed or team environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.