Senior Control Systems Engineers
Senior Control Systems EngineersSTS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Senior Control Systems Engineers in New Berlin, Wisconsin.
This position performs a variety of highly technical duties as part of a team that will produce control systems to meet customer requirements. The duties include schematic designs, PLC programming, and Wonderware Intouch graphic design and animation. The Control Systems Engineer may also perform Project Management activities for assigned projects. Projects often involve coordination with Designers, Software Engineering, Test, and start-up personnel. Light travel may be required to solidify customer requirements and/or to support start-up.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Gather all information required for the project based upon a flow diagram and equipment list.
- Based on the information gathered:
- Design and specify control cabinet equipment and create schematic design.
- Create and test all modes of required PLC control.
- Create and test graphic HMI Interface.
- Clearly understand and meet scheduled completion dates for work performed.
- Perform Project Management activities for assigned projects.
- Create clear and concise documentation throughout the project cycle where required.
- Embrace and follow existing PLC and Wonderware standards to ensure consistent products.
- Support all facets of design through quality control testing and final start-up.
- Participate in customer training seminars as required.
- Conform to all company Policies and Procedures as directed by the Director of Engineering and Employee Handbook.
- Develop time and material estimates for customer modifications as assigned
- Performs other miscellaneous tasks as requested by the Director of Engineering.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or equivalent field; associate degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; seven or more years’ experience in control system design, PLC ladder logic programming, and HMI creation.
- Language Ability: Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to create concise documentation for custom PLC code if required. Ability to speak Spanish is a plus.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should be familiar with computer hardware and software applications (VB & SQL general knowledge). A strong working knowledge of Allen Bradley PLCs (SLC, CompactLogix, and ControlLogix), and Wonderware HMI.
- Other Skills: A good working knowledge of field devices and how they interface to PLC hardware. The ability to work and prioritize for maximum efficiency with minimal supervision. Must be customer oriented.
- Certificates and Licenses: No certifications needed.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Travel: Be willing to travel up to 10% of the time.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.