Senior Software Engineers
Senior Software EngineersSTS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Senior Software Engineers in New Berlin, Wisconsin.
Research, design, and develop computer software or specialized utility programs. Analyze user needs and develop software solutions, applying principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis. Update software or enhance existing software capabilities. Work with control engineers to integrate PC based software with PLC systems for engineered to order automation control systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan installation of a new systems or modification of existing systems.
- Maintain existing software base and ensure updates are compatible with legacy systems.
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints, provide estimates for quoting purposes.
- Consult with customers or other departments on project status, proposals, or technical issues, such as software system design or maintenance.
- Support software implementation project tasks such as (writing code, software configuration, database updates, supporting engineering test of system components, and running software quality verification checks) in accordance with scheduled completion dates.
- Preparing and maintain documentation on software programs. Creating technical content for user manuals.
- Interface with Service personnel, end customers, and Engineering personnel to replicate issues (bugs) and drive resolution.
- Support internal Test Department as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education/Experience: BS degree in software engineering or equivalent field; five to seven-years related experience.
- Language Ability: Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Experience working with Visual Basic Version 6, C#, .net, SQL program languages.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should be familiar with supporting implementation of packaged software solutions and developing for Windows or Server OS. Experience with Microsoft Excel, Access, and SQL Server preferred.
- Other Skills: Very tech savvy, but a highly technical background is not required. Strong time management skills, detail oriented, self-motivated and the ability to multi-task.
- Certificates and Licenses: No certifications needed.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Travel: Be willing to travel up to 10% of the time.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.