Mechanical EngineersSTS Technincal Services
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Mechanical Engineers in Ridgeland, South Carolina.
Actively seeking a Mechanical Engineer to collaborate with a variety of colleagues across project teams from engineering and product development to implementation and manufacturing. In addition to being a team player, our ideal candidate is a self-motivated problem solver who finds pragmatic solutions to highly technical challenges.
This is a DIRECT HIRE role with competitive compensation and benefits.
- Design functional mechanical control systems through the development and testing of components.
- Research and design components for equipment and systems for use in commercial vehicle.
- Supervise the manufacturing and installation of equipment, components, and systems.
- Inspect and observe facilities to evaluate the efficacy and quality of systems, components, and products.
- Devise testing methods and properties to confirm the functionality of components and systems.
- Develop products and systems to meet customer specifications.
- Research and test manufacturing and assembly processes; develop innovative processes to improve or modify current methods.
- Conduct research to collect and analyze data to create reports about ongoing projects.
- Comply with local, state, and federal regulations to uphold the company’s reputation.
- Communicate engineering information across teams and departments to facilitate successful completion of large-scale projects.
- Troubleshoot to solve unforeseen problems with product design or implementation.
- Maintain detailed database to catalog products and component parts.
- Train and supervise technicians to assist in project completion.
- Expand professional and technical knowledge of leading-edge developments in mechanical control engineering through participation in professional organizations, networking events, and educational workshops.
- Review industry publications to maintain a current perspective on the mechanical engineering field.
- Have 3D modelling experience (SolidWorks preferred, Catia V5 or Pro-E) acceptable.
- Have 2D AutoCAD experience.
- Understanding safety and environmental compliance of the department. Actively participates in safety improvement activities.
The Tasks This Person Will Perform:
- Conceive conceptual ideas and thoughts for vehicle design, components of vehicle, and systems of vehicles.
- Makes sketches, creates components, 3D models of components, systems and schematics.
- Analyses data to develop new designs. Uses engineering principles to determine loads and performs necessary calculations to support new design.
- Uses the computer assisted design 3D software to create detail drawings from prepared 3D models, sketches and vendor documents from which manufacturing either makes or purchases component/parts.
- Translates CAD drawings into “pdf” format and files for company wide use.
- Assist in testing to verify and develop new/existing machine design
- Assist in building, or modification of vehicle components and vehicle.
- Uses the computer assisted design software to alter /change existing drawings.
- Uses the computer assisted design software to generate part assemblies, instructions and specifications
- Using “Engineering’s” bill of material format, generate “BOM”.
- Uses computer assisted 2D software to create schematics and diagrams.
- Creates the engineering documentation to communicate the release/change of parts, assemblies and bills of material to manufacturing.
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining organizes files in computer system.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or similar field.
- Minimum of 2-5 years’ of experience in mechanical engineering disciplines.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD or other computer-aided design software applications.
- Knowledge of Robotics
About STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.