Have any of you ever seen a movie called “The Hustler?” How about its long-awaited sequel, “The Color of Money?” Both are fantastic films where Paul Newman plays a character by the name of “Fast” Eddie Felson; a pool shark who works his way from billiard room to billiard room ready to empty the pockets of anyone who dares challenge him.
And while both movies are amazing, the story of “Fast Eddie” pals in comparison to the real life story of Tina Malm, our newest Recruiter based out of Severn, Maryland.
You see, Tina is not only an amazing Recruiter, she’s also a professional pool player who is currently ranked Top 25 in the country! With that in mind, if you happen to bump into Tina at a work event, don’t ever challenge her to a game of pool unless you’re willing to lose… and lose big. Tina is shark on the tables, and it’s that same killer mentality that has helped her thrive in her new career with STS Technical Services.
Let’s take a minute to get to know Tina a little bit better, shall we? Check out our quick Q&A below.
Tell us a little about your professional background, education and / or experience?
I’ve been a Recruiter both on the agency side and the corporate side; most recently for a government contractor in the D.C. area. There, I was in charge of staffing agency relationships and hiring cleared individuals.
I graduated from Penn State with a degree in Organizational Leadership and a minor in Labor & Employment Relations. I also have my PHR (Professional of Human Resources) certification (the hardest final exam I’ve ever taken).
My favorite part of recruiting is extending the offer and really getting to know the candidates with whom I work.
What do you like to do for fun when you are not working?
I’ve been lucky to have traveled almost everywhere in the United States playing competitive, professional-level pool (I am currently ranked in the top 25 in the US). I love how the game challenges, delights and frustrates me, and yet it still teaches me so much.
I also love the smell of ocean air, dinner with friends, and movie/home time with my husband and daughter.
If you could be any superhero, which superhero would you be and why?
With the ability to heal other people, eradicate plagues and bring people back from the dead, I would choose the Scarlet Witch. None of the negatives attributes she possesses, only the positives, of course! How amazing would it be to bring back Albert Einstein and hear his commentary and opinions about modern scientific progress? How funny would it be to hear George Carlin comment about the political and social occurrences of the last 5 years? Beyond that, being able to heal people and make a difference would be next-level amazing!
- Meet Brittany Keathley: Recruiting Sourcer in Oscoda, Michigan
- Meet Kimberley Ayres: Recruiter in Oscoda, Michigan
- Meet Megan Shelton: Recruiter in Oscoda, Michigan
- Meet Nadalia Haita: Recruiter in Brookfield, Wisconsin
- Meet Jami Drexler: Recruiter in Brookfield, Wisconsin
- Meet Amber Mallak: Recruiter in Oscoda, Michigan
- Meet Chloe Peterson: Recruiter in Brookfield, Wisconsin
- Meet Celeste Rodriguez: Recruiter in Jensen Beach, Florida
- Meet Erin Gabrielson: Recruiter in Garden City, Michigan
- Meet Kermit Kapp: Recruiter in Brookfield, Wisconsin
- Meet Cindy Najera: Recruiter in Brookfield, Wisconsin
- Meet Stephanie Brown: Recruiter in Melbourne, Florida
- Meet Gary Lortscher: Recruiter in Brookfield, Wisconsin
- Meet Aubrey Kruger: Recruiter in Brookfield, Wisconsin
- Meet Keith Russo: Recruiter in Jensen Beach, Florida
- Meet Nala Diallo: Recruiter in Brookfield, Wisconsin