Welcoming Cheng Lee to the STS Technical Services’ Family
I have two daughters. They are the light of my life, but they are also a handful. In my house, there is never any silence and it’s go, go, go from sunup ’til sundown. I love the energy and the beauty they bring to the table, but I am not having anymore children. Two is plenty for me. I am done. Seriously. You couldn’t pay me enough to have another one.
For our newest Technical Recruiter, however, having only two children is a distant memory. In fact, Cheng Lee has six kids all under the age of 11. That’s right… six kids! I don’t know how he and his wife Mai do it, but from what I can tell, they not only make it work, they make it look easy.
Cheng joined our team in Brookfield, Wisconsin about a week ago, and we are really excited to have him on board. And for those who would like to get to know him a little better, take a few minutes to read the Q&A we did. As you will see, Cheng is a terrific guy, a great father and an incredible Recruiter with years of experience and awards under his belt. We are extremely grateful to have him, and we would like to take a moment now to formally welcome him to our family.
Tell us a little about your professional background, education and / or experience?
I worked in sales at AT&T for about four years. I then moved into a recruiting role at Allegis/Aerotek where I spent three years and was selected as the “Recruiter of the Year” in 2020.
After a conversation with Lisa Homewood, I truly felt that STS Technical Services would be a better fit for me. Here, I felt like I could grow both personally and professionally, and that is why I decided to take the job.
And for those who are curious, I have a Degree in Liberal Arts from the University of Wisconsin Marathon County (recently merged and is now the University of Wisconsin of Stevens Point).
What do you like to do for fun when you are not working?
My house is like a zoo, and there is always something for me to do when I am not working!
I really enjoy being father. I have an awesome wife, Mai Kia, who supports what I do (at least, I like to think that she does).
As Bryan alluded to above, my wife and I have six awesome kids: Mikaylah (10), Chloe (10), Katie (9), Lily (6), Zayne (5) and lastly, Ethan (1). As you can imagine, they keep me busy.
I enjoy reading any type of book from historical, fiction, non-fiction or anything that has to do with self-development. I also enjoy fishing, playing basketball, football, biking and taking walks with the kids.
Last but not least, I also have two dogs; an American Bully named Doo-Doo and a Terrier named Oliver.
If you could be any superhero, which superhero would you be and why?
I am torn between Superman and Batman, though Batman may have the edge for me. Either way, I truly believe in humility, humbleness and working hard. I also like to think that I can take a negative situation and turn it into a positive situation while remaining selfless enough to help out humanity even when some individuals may not understand one’s true intention(s).
- Meet Brittany Keathley: Recruiting Sourcer in Oscoda, Michigan
- Meet Kimberley Ayres: Recruiter in Oscoda, Michigan
- Meet Megan Shelton: Recruiter in Oscoda, Michigan
- Meet Nadalia Haita: Recruiter in Brookfield, Wisconsin
- Meet Jami Drexler: Recruiter in Brookfield, Wisconsin
- Meet Amber Mallak: Recruiter in Oscoda, Michigan
- Meet Chloe Peterson: Recruiter in Brookfield, Wisconsin
- Meet Celeste Rodriguez: Recruiter in Jensen Beach, Florida
- Meet Erin Gabrielson: Recruiter in Garden City, Michigan
- Meet Kermit Kapp: Recruiter in Brookfield, Wisconsin
- Meet Cindy Najera: Recruiter in Brookfield, Wisconsin
- Meet Stephanie Brown: Recruiter in Melbourne, Florida
- Meet Gary Lortscher: Recruiter in Brookfield, Wisconsin
- Meet Aubrey Kruger: Recruiter in Brookfield, Wisconsin
- Meet Keith Russo: Recruiter in Jensen Beach, Florida
- Meet Nala Diallo: Recruiter in Brookfield, Wisconsin
- Meet Tina Malm: Recruiter in Severn, Maryland
- Meet Jason Fraise: Recruiter in New York City, Florida and Pennsylvania (he’s a nomad)
- Meet Brooke Rankin: Remote Technical Recruiter
- Meet Annie Giang: Recruiter in Brookfield, Wisconsin
- Meet Johnna Frank: Recruiter in Brookfield, Wisconsin
- Meet Kurt Jansen: Recruiter in Brookfield, Wisconsin
- Meet Tamara Okun: Recruiter in Wisconsin
- Meet Grace Behan: Remote Technical Recruiter
- Meet Maggie Artnak: Operations Specialist in Brookfield, Wisconsin
- Meet Amanda Gilliam: Program Assistant in Oscoda, Michigan